Comprehensive course analysis
- How many participants were promoted within three years after graduation?
- How did this course affect participants' professional trajectories?
- How many participants got their salary increased within two years after completing the program?
- What do past participants have to say about the course?
For a limited time only $40.00 $20.00Order
Who should attend
This course is designed for junior and middle managers and/or supervisors who are responsible for warehouse and distribution planning and management. This training programme is designed to give each participant a good foundation understanding of this area of operation and the opportunity to increase the knowledge to contribute to the participant’s current role.
About the course
The course participants will learn the fundamentals roles of any successful warehouse manager and supervisor. They will gain an understanding of how warehouse and distribution operations are managed efficiently. They will also gain sufficient knowledge to allow them to develop solutions to problems in their own working environment.
At the end of the course participants will be able to:
- Identify must-have information that you need at all times concerning materials handling, inventory and storage.
- Effectively motivate your employees to be more productive.
- Use proven techniques for saving time in warehouse operations – and the in's and out's of implementing them.
- Make informed decisions regarding your three basic resources – labor, equipment and space.
- Use tested methods for measuring productivity and performance in warehouse operations.
- Handle complaints in a positive manner.
- Apply leadership techniques successfully in a warehouse setting.
- Implement sure-to-succeed methods for minimizing costs while maximizing space.
- Evaluate your own effectiveness.
- Identify the primary areas of your responsibilities that you must keep in mind.
The Daily schedule
- Determining Inventory Levels
- Scheduling Shipments
- Scheduling Receipts into the Warehouse
- Daily Movements (R-S-S-D)
- Cost-Effective Warehouse Management
- Resource Planning: planned throughput, standards and available resources
- Minimize costs and reaching and desired service
- Location of stock and equipment
- Warehouse Layouts
- Equipment used
- Operating Performance
- Cost Performance
- Forecasting for Annual Budgets: volume and cost assumptions
Suggestions for Better Planning
- Storage Modules
- Area and cube availability and constraints
- Aisles and turning areas
- Collection points
- Administration and service areas
- Storage utilization factors
- Two and three dimensional models
Planning Checklist for Improved Performance
- Eliminate moves where possible
- Straighten and shorten moves
- Have as few stops as possible
- Pre-position for next operations before depositing material
- Aisle space is as important as storage space
- Combine or eliminate operations
- Move people rather than materials
A variety of methodologies will be used during the course that includes:
- (30%) Based on Case Studies
- (30%) Techniques
- (30%) Role Play
- (10%) Concepts
- Pre-test and Post-test
- Variety of Learning Methods
- Case Studies and Self Questionaires
- Group Work
Videos and materials
Because of COVID-19, many providers are cancelling or postponing in-person programs or providing online participation options.
We are happy to help you find a suitable online alternative.