Make sure this course is right for you.
Get unbiased reviews and personalized recommendations.
Who should attend
This course is designed for junior and middle managers who are responsible for warehouse and distribution planning and management. This course is also designed to give each participant a good foundation understanding of this area of operation and the opportunity to increase the knowledge to contribute to the participant’s current role.
About the course
Your customers expect you to deliver stock when they need it, and in the best possible condition. Exceeding those expectations is at the heart of any effective procurement and logistics strategy.
The success of this strategy depends directly on the skills of your front-line warehouse staff and storage supervisors. Doing the job right is just the first step. Your managers must display consistently sound decision-making, care and forethought – values that apply in the stockroom just as much as in the board room.
By the end of this course, participants will be able to:
- Identify the storage regime and environment most appropriate to the stock in their care
- Manage, organize and operate the systems and processes to provide the best possible care for materials
- Maintain the highest health, safety and environmental standards
- Provide the highest possible level of customer service
- Planning for flow
- Through flow
- Components of an effective layout
- Short side handling
- Long side handling
- Racking styles
Getting Rid of Excess Product/s
- Throw out the junk – now!
- Move excess and out-of-season product to other storage areas
- Clean up your returned goods area
- Justify all large quantity purchases
- Reduce number of SKUs
- Bring product in one door and out the other
- Don’t bring the product in at all
Better Storage of More Products
- Lower the overhead space
- Reduce aisle sizes
- Deep pallet storage
- Eliminate empty space above product in individual slots
- Stack pallets on top of each other
- Store high cube / high movement products in one reserved area of the warehouse
- A final option – double deep pallet racking
A variety of methodologies will be used during the course that includes:
- (30%) Based on Case Studies
- (30%) Techniques
- (30%) Role Play
- (10%) Concepts
- Pre-test and Post-test
- Variety of Learning Methods
- Case Studies and Self Questionaires
- Group Work
Videos and materials
Because of COVID-19, many providers are cancelling or postponing in-person programs or providing online participation options.
We are happy to help you find a suitable online alternative.