Because of COVID-19, many providers are cancelling or postponing in-person programs or providing online participation options.
We are happy to help you find a suitable online alternative.
Who should attend
Those involved in warehousing store activities, both at the operational and supervisory levels. The program is also appropriate for anyone interested to know more about the interaction between warehousing and other materials management functions - purchasing, inventory control and distribution.
About the course
The program addressed the concept, importance and goals of warehouse and stores management, warehouse control and assessment, among other topics.
By the end of the program, participants will be able to:
- Maximize user service and provide fast and accurate issuing.
- Plan and control the warehousing operation to minimize the operational costs.
- Guarantee safety to the warehouse personnel and facilities.
- Plan to develop the warehouse personnel.
- Plan to deal and work with the problems and constraints related to warehousing management in the Arab World.
Introduction to Warehousing Management
- Objectives and Functions of Warehousing Management
- Problems in Warehousing in the Arab World
- Usages of Computers in the Warehouse
Inventory and the Supply Chain
- Inventory management definition
- Types of stock
- Demand amplifications
- Demand replenishment in networks
- Managing the flows
- Type I and II supply chains
- The Supply Chain Rules
- Inventory and statistics
- Concept of service level
Inventory Classification and Inventory Record Accuracy
- The ABC Classification
- Uses of the ABC Classification
Inventory Record Accuracy
- Periodic and Cycle Counting
- Systems and Methodology of Counting
Organizing the Storage and Material Handling
- Layout of the Warehouse
- Storage Utilization and Organization
- Stock Location
- Fixed Versus Random Location
- Material Handling Equipment
- How to Improve the Receiving/ Issuing Material Handling Operations
Safety in the Warehouse
- Housekeeping and Safety in a Warehousing Environment
- Safety Hazards
- Unsafe Acts and Conditions
- Planning for Safety
Dealing with People-related Warehousing Problems
- Staff Management
- Corrective Guidance
Productivity in the Warehouse
- Definition of Productivity
- Causes of Lost Time
- Warehousing Management through Performance Analysis KPIs
Audit of a Warehouse
- Objectives of the Warehouse Audit
- Periodic and Intermittent Audits
- Components of the Audit
- Steps to Follow Before, During and After the Audit
A variety of methodologies will be used during the course that includes:
- (30%) Based on Case Studies
- (30%) Techniques
- (30%) Role Play
- (10%) Concepts
- Pre-test and Post-test
- Variety of Learning Methods
- Case Studies and Self Questionaires
- Group Work