Who should attend
This course is designed for junior and middle managers who are responsible for warehouse and distribution planning and management. This training programme is designed to give each participant a good foundation understanding of this area of operation and the opportunity to increase the knowledge to contribute to the participant’s current role.
About the course
The course participants will learn the fundamentals roles of any successful warehouse manager. They will gain an understanding of how warehouse operations are managed efficiently. They will also gain sufficient knowledge to allow them to develop solutions to problems in their own working environment.
At the end of the course participants will be able to:
- Understand the roles of the warehouse manager and warehousing in today's supply chain and the main challenges for them.
- Analyze the individual processes within the warehouse and to improve efficiency and productivity, improve quality and accuracy, and reduce costs in these areas.
- Have the ability to evaluate and analyze health and safety issues in the warehouse, its impact on the environment, and how to reduce this impact.
- Gain insights into outsourcing opportunities, current advances in warehousing, and future challenges.
The Daily Schedule
- Determining inventory levels
- Scheduling shipments
- Scheduling receipts into the warehouse
- Daily movements (R-S-S-D)
- Cost-effective warehouse management
- Resource planning: planned throughput, standards and available resources
- Warehouse Processes Introduction
- Receiving and Put - Away: Pre-Receipt
- Receiving and Put-Away: In-handling, Preparation, Offloading, Cross Docking
- Pick Preparation
- Picking Strategies: Types of Picking Operations Preview
- Picking Strategies: Handling and Storage Equipment
- Order Picking Methods
- Deciding on Type of Picking System and Equipment
- Replenishment, Value - Adding Services, Stock Management, Counting, and Security
- Returns Processing and Dispatch
- Warehouse Processes Closure
- Minimize costs and reaching the desired service
- Location of stock and equipment
- Warehouse layouts
- Equipment used
- Operating performance
- Cost performance
- Forecasting for annual budgets: volume and cost assumptions
Warehouse Resourcing, Costs, and Performance
- Warehouse Resourcing, Costs, and Performance Management Introduction
- Resourcing a Warehouse
- Warehouse Costs - Types of Costs, Traditional and ABC Costing
- Warehouse Costs - Shared-User Warehouse Services and Logistics Charging Methods
- Performance Management - Why and What to Measure, Traditional Measures
- Performance Management - New Metrics, Integrated Performance Models Preview
- Warehouse Resourcing, Costs, and Performance Management Closure
Outsourcing and The Future of Warehousing
- Outsourcing and The Future of Warehousing Introduction
- Outsourcing Decision and Preparation
- Outsourcing - Managing the Relations
- The Warehouse of the Future
- Outsourcing and The Future of Warehousing Closure
A variety of methodologies will be used during the course that includes:
- (30%) Based on Case Studies
- (30%) Techniques
- (30%) Role Play
- (10%) Concepts
- Pre-test and Post-test
- Variety of Learning Methods
- Case Studies and Self Questionaires
- Group Work
Videos and materials
Read more about Transportation and Logistics
Because of COVID-19, many providers are cancelling or postponing in-person programs or providing online participation options.
We are happy to help you find a suitable online alternative.