American Management Association
Tips for Giving and Receiving Feedback
Coursalytics is an independent platform to find, compare, and book executive courses. Coursalytics is not endorsed by, sponsored by, or otherwise affiliated with American Management Association.Full disclaimer.
About the course
Giving feedback can be difficult and sometimes hurtful. Often stressful. How do you even begin? Learn simple techniques that make a difference.
The ability to give and receive feedback is a critical skill that doesn't come easily. Especially when the words, timing, and moods and emotions of both parties collide. Yet this is essential for your future success—and the success of your colleagues, team members or direct reports.
When done right, both giver and receiver are inspired to improve business results and leap to higher performance. Take this opportunity to learn the most effective techniques for building trust, deepening relationships and creating viable paths for growth. NOTE: A headset with microphone is required to attend and participate in this program.
What You Will Cover
- Understanding the criteria for giving effective feedback in a coaching relationship
- Delivering both supportive and corrective feedback using the instant feedback method
- Demonstrating how to receive feedback constructively
- Enhancing your effectiveness by tailoring your comments to each recipient
- Promoting improved performance for everyone you coach or manage