The Psychology of Coaching Teams and Leading Organisation
In an increasingly competitive market, leadership now plays a decisive role in business success. For this reason, more and more enterprises have made an all-out effort to develop the leadership of their management teams. Executives’ coaching skills – an integral part of leadership – has been gaining increasing attention for its uniqueness and effectiveness in developing talents. The purpose of coaching is to help the coachee identify areas for improvement through effective interactions and communications between the “coach” and the “coachee”. It can not only propel the coachee to make foresighted decisions, take bold actions, and systematically improve their performance, but also create a harmonious relationship between managers and their team members. Studies have shown that organizations focusing on enhancing coaching skills tend to stand out in the market.
The programme is designed to present to the participants the critical theoretical and practical information on how to motivate and coach individuals and build high performing teams. The purpose of the programme is to help business executives to improve their personal leadership skills and coaching competencies in management, promote the establishment and development of internal talent development mechanism, and hence facilitate their businesses or organizations to achieve above average performance by tapping into a well-developed talent pool.
This programme will help participants:
- Learn to manage difficult employees effectively
- Understand the psychology of teams and how to avoid temporal mistakes
- Understand the structure of teams, how to reward both competitive and cooperative behaviors and how to properly align the structure of the work to match the needs of the environment
- Understand the historic development of leadership research and how to position your leadership style to maximize your potential to achieve above average performance
- Obtain a measure of confidence in decision making
- Effective performance management
- How to motivate employees
- The simple secrets of motivation
- Understanding motivation through historic theories of leadership
- Team Psychology and performance over time
- Classic theories of decision-making
- Team Decision-making exercise: Survival!
- Team Structure and Structural Contingency theory
- Organizational culture
- Matrix organizations
- Classic and Contemporary theories of leadership
Who should attend
This programme is especially designed for managers, leaders, and senior executives who aspire to enhance their skills in talent management. Anyone who wishes to go beyond the traditional concepts of performance management will benefit from this programme.