Who should attend
Managers, supervisors, and team leaders who are responsible for building and maintaining effective teams in the workplace.
About the course
Businesses often ask employees to complete projects that require they work as a team. Working together has many benefits, including the possibility to create new friendships, a sense of group accomplishment and distribution of responsibilities. Conversely, teamwork also may cause tension and anxiety among employees because of poor communication. Effective communication can eliminate much of the stress and negative feelings sometimes associated with working closely as a team. Business owners should encourage their employees to communicate with one another clearly when working together. This is especially important for smaller companies, whose employees often must work closely with one another.
- Understanding your role as manager and leader
- Establishing clear objectives and standards of performance for your team
- Managing your workload using effective prioritization and delegation techniques
- Maximizing your influencing skills
- Building an effective team
- Developing and leveraging the capabilities of team members
- Describe the basics of motivation. Define motivation as a process, and describe some theories about how motivation can affect your productivity.
Module One: What is emotional intelligence?
- Emotions defined
- Where emotions come from
- The importance of emotional control in today’s society
- The origins of EI theory
- How emotional intelligence is measured – EQ
- Characteristics of EI
- Social skills
- The benefits of EI for you.
- The benefits of EI for others.
- The benefits of strong EI to your organization.
- How to measure your own EQ and how to develop it.
Understanding Your Role (Leadership)
- Leader or manager?
- Beyond the job description: finding out what your organization requires of you
- Balancing conflicting stakeholder demands
- Understanding the nature of change
- A model for implementing change.
Bring a Franklin Covey Leadership solutions to train your organization
- Overcoming the Execution Gap
- Steps to Effective Team Execution
- Achieve Your Goals Amid the Day-to-Day Demands
- Creating an Accountability System
- Turn Strategy Into Action
Module Two: Team Building, People Management and Motivation
- How high-performing teams work?
- Identifying team roles
- Teams in practice: teambuilding exercise
- Motivation and reward
- Building and sharing a vision
- Different approaches to leadership
Personal Effectiveness, Time Management and Delegation
- Understanding yourself and your organizational environment
- Outcome orientation
- Setting personal and team objectives
- Managing performance
- Finding and using time effectively
- A model for effective delegation.
Leading Different Types of Teams
- Employing Teams at Harley Davidson
- Creating Virtual Teams through Technology
- Overcoming Resistance to Teamwork
- Meeting Team Performance Challenges
- Understanding the Stages of Team Development
- Essential Skills for Team Leaders
Module Three: Techniques for engaging employees
- Informal participative decision-making programs
- Job enrichment,
- Continuous improvement
- Self-managed work teams.
- Quality circles
- Informal and formal consultation processes
- The establishments of charters with employees
- Defining Initiative
- How to Develop Initiative:
- Develop a Career Plan
- Build Self-Confidence
- Spot Opportunities and Potential Improvements
- Sense-Check Your Ideas
- Develop Rational Persistence
- Find Balance
Dealing with Difficult Team Members
- Common Causes of Difficult People on a Team
- Types of Difficult People
- Adopting an Assertive Approach
- Models for Effective Counseling
- Managing the Difficult Team Member
- Dealing Appropriately with Personal Criticism
Module Four: Communication, Influence & Conflict Management
- Channels of communication
- Effective listening skills
- Emotions and rapport
- Persuasion and negotiation: the keys to personal influence
- Managing conflict assertively.
Enhancing Team Performance through Coaching and Development
- How people learn?
- Coaching for personal and team growth
- Feedback skills
- Development planning
- Next steps
Creating the Right Environment for Teams
- Introduction to Advanced Teamwork
- The Individual Creative Work
- The New Role of Leadership
- The Red Quadrant
- Team Trust Issues
- Creative Abrasion of Conflict
Module Five: The 17 Indisputable Laws of Teamwork
Global best practices of Motivation
- Overview of motivation
- Identifying motivating and un-motivating factors
- Discussing automatic negative thoughts
- Developing your motivation
- Overview of the motivation process
- Discussing the motivation process
- Discussing the benefits of motivation
- Discussing motivation theories
Retaining Talented People
- Why do talented people wish to leave
- The early indicators of dissatisfaction
- motivation principles
- The attitude of “Jobs for Life” in the modern world
- Understanding Employee Loyalty - is it still valid?
- Managing talent from pre-employment to separation
- Talent retention strategies
- Defending against a volatile labor market - they want your talent
- Revisiting the resignation process
- Review of whole program
- Developing personal development plan
- Issue Certificates
A variety of methodologies will be used during the course that includes:
- (30%) Based on Case Studies
- (30%) Techniques
- (30%) Role Play
- (10%) Concepts
- Pre-test and Post-test
- Variety of Learning Methods
- Case Studies and Self Questionaires
- Group Work
Videos and materials
Because of COVID-19, many providers are cancelling or postponing in-person programs or providing online participation options.
We are happy to help you find a suitable online alternative.