Who should attend
Supervisors Team leaders Management Professionals Management Staff All Professionals at all levels who want to become effective at coaching and motivating others.
About the course
We often hear record-breaking athletes say; I owe it to my coach; that’s because however talented they are, athletes need a coach to improve their performance and competitiveness. Likewise, Companies and Organizations need to create a culture where coaching and feedback occur as a routine part of each day. Towards this strategic end:
- This innovative and motivating course, explains a structured approach to coaching which is effective whether a professional is working with a new recruit or seeking improvement from an experienced player.
- Being less of a boss and more of a coach is fundamental to modern management.
- Urging people to do better won’t work unless they know how to do it better.
- Good coaching builds trust and collaborative climate between professional and team.
The process involves breaking tasks down to their component parts, helping people to improve performance in each element and enabling them to pull these elements together to achieve the desired effect.
It is essential for effective leadership to understand that:
- Coaching and equipping, is one of the most important acts of leadership.
- Successful managers recognize that to get things done cost effectively they must ‘grow’ people to their full potential.
- Outstanding performance must be drawn from every member of the team.
- This requires clear direction, feedback and personal empowerment.
Strategic Equipping For Leadership
- Changing Manager’s roles
- What is real Leadership?
- How to equip Leaders for excellence
- The pursuit of excellence
- Developing key management competencies to create excellence
- 12 Ways to develop your Staff potential and talent
- The Manager as a Change agent
- The need for peak performance
- Activators, Behaviors and consequences
- Benefits for the organization, manager and performer
The Manager as a Coach and Mentor
- What is coaching?
- Why is coaching so important?
- Making the transition from Manager to Coach
- Qualities and attributes of a good Coach
- Develop the Coaching Model
- What does coaching achieve?
- Deciding When and How to coach
- Select the appropriate coaching style
- Arranging a coaching session
- Use the “GROW” model
- Measuring and observing performance
- How to appraise a person’s performance
- The link with feedback motivation
The Coaching / Motivation Process and Skills
- Influencing the readiness to change
- The importance of handling change
- Gaining a persons commitment to change
- Raising their effectiveness through questioning
- Motivation as a lever
- Setting action orientated performance goals
- End goals, performance goals and process goals
- Working your own goal setting strategy
- Developing efficient Time management
- Learn to prioritize your time
- The importance of essential Listening skills
- Developing the cycle for continuous improvement
Putting Coaching & Counseling to Work
- Understanding the performers agenda
- Coaching the subconscious mind
- Knowing what improvements to aim for
- Exploring barriers to progress
- Replacement principle
- Coaching the right performance attitude
- Making appropriate attitude adjustments
- Knowing what empowering improvement to aim for
- Leading by example
- Develop appreciation within and without
- The coach’s role as a facilitator
Coaching for Decisive Action
- Adopting the approach, process and skills as a way of life
- Self coaching to fit your own aims and objectives – personal discipline
- Improving your ability to make decisions
- Ten steps to vital decision making
- Choosing Pro-Active leadership
- Understand the Circle of control
- How to be pro-active in your relationships
- How to apply Persistence Performance
- Using the learnt skills to apply at every level
- Ten essential qualities of a successful Corporate Executive
A variety of methodologies will be used during the course that includes:
- (30%) Based on Case Studies
- (30%) Techniques
- (30%) Role Play
- (10%) Concepts
- Pre-test and Post-test
- Variety of Learning Methods
- Case Studies and Self Questionaires
- Group Work
Videos and materials
Because of COVID-19, many providers are cancelling or postponing in-person programs or providing online participation options.
We are happy to help you find a suitable online alternative.