Comprehensive course analysis
For a limited time only $40.00 $20.00Order
Who should attend
- Leaders and members of formally structured organizational teams including Federal Government agencies
- Members of an ad hoc workforce or a team with a new mission
- Individuals seeking to improve the effectiveness of teams in their organizations
About the course
How to build and lead a powerful, successful team
This long running, always inspiring program focuses specifically on how you can optimize your personal performance as a team player and your effectiveness as a team leader. This immersive experience is comprised of thought leadership from the forefront of contemporary management practice.
In a highly collaborative, interactive atmosphere, you’ll explore the intricacies of internal and external team dynamics and how to manage them. Our top-tier faculty will guide you through how to structure teams to maximize effectiveness, resolve conflict, persuade others and unleash your team’s full potential. Through personal assessment, you’ll create a tailored plan to improve your leadership skills and leave better equipped to create a positive and supportive team culture within your organization.
- Structure team roles to maximize potential
- Set clear and engaging goals
- Resolve conflict effectively
- Communicate passionately
- Advocate for change persuasively
- Unlock your team's creative potential
- Create a positive and supportive team culture
The Team Performance Equation
- Evaluate leadership and communication styles
- Conduct a team performance analysis
- Explore four types of high-performing teams and the primary threats to team effectiveness
- Optimize the performance of virtual teams and teams that work across distances
Power and Influence in Teams
- Understand open-loop versus closed-loop networks
- Build and mobilize organizational capital
Creativity and Innovation
- Lead effective brainstorming
- Sharpen convergent and divergent thinking skills
- Successfully sell creative ideas in your organization
- Create an environment conducive for “good” conflict
- Understand challenges in getting team members to learn from one another
- Move beyond agendas and opinions to reveal the facts
- Discover the real value of diversity in teams
Managing Multicultural Teams
- Understand key cultural style differences
- Leverage cultural differences into high-quality team decisions
Emotional Intelligence and Team Coaching
- Assess your EQ versus your IQ
- Develop a personal plan to increase your EQ
- Create a community of active communication
Leigh Thompson is the J. Jay Gerber Professor of Dispute Resolution & Organizations in the Kellogg School of Management at Northwestern University. She is the director of the Kellogg Team and Group Research Center, the Kellogg Leading High Impact Teams Executive program, and co-director of th...
Jeanne Brett is the DeWitt W. Buchanan, Jr. Distinguished Professor of Dispute Resolution and Organizations. Professor Brett's research is in the areas of cross cultural negotiations, the resolution of disputes, and the performance of multicultural teams. Her current research investigates cultu...
Dr. Mark Rittenberg has helped organizations create communities of excellence among their people and empowered individuals to become true leaders with the ability to actualize a vision -- all through the power of communication. Dr. Rittenberg believes that important personal, social, and business...
Videos and materials
Because of COVID-19, many providers are cancelling or postponing in-person programs or providing online participation options.
We are happy to help you find a suitable online alternative.