This course has no confirmed dates in the future. Subscribe to be notified when it is offered.
About the course
This practical and highly popular workshop rapidly develops the key skills and knowledge that enables new and developing office professionals to maximize their contribution in the workplace.
The workshop shows you how to plan and organize efficiently, develop confident communication skills and proactively contribute to the successful achievement of the organization's goals.
By the end of this training delegates will be able to:
- Develop the skills and attributes of a first class office professional and make a greater contribution in their workplace.
- Become more confident
- Become more proactive
- Communicate more confidently and effectively with your manager, colleagues and other departments
- Deal with the difficulties and pressures of working in a modern office.
- Prioritize between urgent and important tasks
- Plan, organize and manage time more effectively
- Present yourself more confidently and efficiently
- Write, email and use the phone more professionally and effectively.
Setting the scene, assessing existing skills, Time Management
- General introduction
- Assessing prior skills and knowledge
- Competencies required
- Perceptions, attitudes and beliefs
- Learning Styles/Thinking Styles
- Time management skills
- Time Management Group Activity 1
- Video on time management
- Time Management Group Activity 2
Organizing and Planning
- Managing workflow
- Techniques for organizing and planning – brainstorming, SWOT analysis, Goal setting, setting SMART objectives
- Group Activity
- Mind Mapping
- Group Activity – mind mapping exercise
- Managing meetings
- Understanding Assertiveness
- Group Activity on assertiveness
- Listening and questioning skills
- Group activity on listening effectively
- Body Language
- Group activity on body language
- Conflict management
- Dealing with difficult people
- Managing upwards
- Stress management
- Group Team building activity to demonstrate leading, sharing information, understanding the brief, listening skills, teamwork, creative thinking, time management
- Telephone skills
- Writing skills
- Email etiquette
- Presentation skills
- Group Exercise – delegates to prepare and present a 4 minute presentation on a topic to be agreed.
- Review of the week
A variety of methodologies will be used during the course that includes:
- (30%) Based on Case Studies
- (30%) Techniques
- (30%) Role Play
- (10%) Concepts
- Pre-test and Post-test
- Variety of Learning Methods
- Case Studies and Self Questionaires
- Group Work
Who should attend
Executives, assistants and administrators who are interested in rejuvenating their practices and skills for better performance.
The program offers a challenging opportunity to enhance interpersonal communication skills, people skills, and especially English business writing skills.