Make sure this course is right for you.
Get unbiased reviews and personalized recommendations.
Who should attend
Admin Staffs, Document Controller, Secretary Hr employees, Managers & Supervisors of all industries who are interested in learning about tomorrows technologies for paperless working environment and minimizing the volume of paper. Additionally, also senior man.
About the course
The management and retrieval of files can be enhanced if you can handle them in large sets, rather than one by one. Therefore, it is important that you group your files in some logical manner. The categories chosen may reflect the way you work, your activities, procedures, thematic areas, or some sort of structural organization.
Separating your records from other materials is an important first step. The organization of your records may be based on the different types of records or the length of time for which certain kinds of records need to be kept. These groupings can be related to each other in a hierarchical or flat way, as best suits your needs. Generally, this structure should be consistent with the organization of any paper records you have (or records in other media), so that all records related to the same activity or subject, or of the same type, can be easily identified and retrieved as part of one conceptual grouping, as needed.
You will find it easier and more efficient to assign a retention period—the length of time you want or need to keep materials—to a grouping of materials, rather than to individual items. Trying to ensure that some things are kept as long as needed while weeding out things that are no longer needed is simply too cumbersome at the individual item level. While you may think that within a grouping some records should be kept longer than others, not only will you save time if you keep the whole grouping, but you will also have more complete information when you need to refer to the records.
The objectives of this training course is to show you how to deal with papers in an electronic way to get rid of the papers hard copy which takes a lot of space and time. Managing documents and content can be difficult. How do you best way, store and manage the documents and records in your firm? Does your approach meet compliance requirements, regulations and standards? What is the best way to manage electronic documents and records? How do you find the right documents and records when you need them? How does workflow and business process management work with documents and records management to help increase efficiency within your firm?
New Roles For New Times
- Optimizing Communication and Influence
- Fostering a Professional Attitude
- Producing Results from Various Activities
- Use of Technology to Get Things Done
It’s not about Filling it’s about retrieval!
- What do you and your boss want from the system?
- Essentials of a good filing system
- Getting organized
- Clutter Busting
- Staying on track and maintenance
Mastering Data Management and Office Etiquette
- Data Management (Filing and Documenting Soft and Hard Copies)
- Indexing, Archiving, and Retrieving Data and Documents
- Basic Modern Office Etiquette Tips
- What Not to Do In your Cubicle
- Telephone and Email Etiquette, Skills, and Courtesy
- Handling Office Finances and Petty Cash
- Fundamentals of Customer Service
Sources of Documents
- Word processors/spreadsheets
- Document control
- Audit trails
- Creating forms
- Filling and saving forms/data
Document Distribution: Work flow Management
E-Mail Conventions and Best Practice
- Advantages and features of E-Mail
- Managing your time and E-mail
- Cost effective use of E- mail
- E- mail conventions
Advanced Communication Skills
- Preparing Powerful Short Presentations
- Advanced Business Writing (Reports, Proposals, Faxes, Letters, Memos, Emails, etc)
- Dealing with a Difficult Boss
E-Filing and Document Management
- Organizing your Computer Files
- Essentials of a Good Filing System
- E-Filing versus Paper Filing
- Office Organization Strategies
- Data File Management
Time and Project Management for Administrators
- Arrange for Meetings and Conferences
- Prepare Meetings Agendas and Minutes
- How to Prepare a Daily Calendar Aligned with the Company Calendar
- The Effective Use of MS Outlook to Manage your Time and Respect Other People's Agendas
- Event Planning and Project Management
The Impact of Technology on the Administrator's Roles and Tasks
- The Use of Smart Phones to Keep Connected and Liaise with Others
- Synchronizing your Smart Phone with your Computer for Updates
- The Use of Electronic Devices to Research, Be Informed and Report on Timely Basis
A variety of methodologies will be used during the course that includes:
- (30%) Based on Case Studies
- (30%) Techniques
- (30%) Role Play
- (10%) Concepts
- Pre-test and Post-test
- Variety of Learning Methods
- Case Studies and Self Questionaires
- Group Work
Videos and materials
Because of COVID-19, many providers are cancelling or postponing in-person programs or providing online participation options.
We are happy to help you find a suitable online alternative.