Comprehensive course analysis
About the course
Enabling Women to Project a Powerful Leadership Presence
Delivered in partnership with The Humphrey Group Inc., this high-impact program is designed to help women speak with courage and confidence so they can be seen and heard as leaders. Adopt a “taking the stage” mindset. Script yourself as a leader and unlock the power of your voice.
We are pleased to offer this program as a fully online experience. As with our in-person classes, group sizes are limited to ensure ample individual feedback and social learning opportunities. You will leave with skills you have had a chance to apply, test and review with the program leader.
Online program format
Delivered over five sessions in a four-week period, the program includes:
- Pre-session online learning videos
- Four online sessions (1.5 hours each) facilitated live by an instructor from The Humphrey Group
- 30 minutes of 1-1 virtual coaching time with an instructor from The Humphrey Group
- One-year access to an online self-learning module
Benefits for you
- Adopt the mindset to lead with confidence, and craft a strong leadership identity
- Overcome minimizing communication habits that might be undermining you
- Deliver clear, logical messages that motivate others
- Establish a powerful vocal presence, and use vibrant language that is assertive rather than aggressive
- Achieve an authentic physical presence that conveys strength and confidence
- Effectively navigate conflict in conversations
- Develop your skills in a supportive peer-to-peer environment
Session 1: Embracing your Leadership Identity
Pre-work video: Leadership Identity
Live online session: What does it mean to take the stage in your role?
- Crafting and communicating your leadership identity; habits that may be working against you; adopting the mindset to take the stage
Session 2: The Leader’s Script
Pre-work videos: The Leader’s Script and Leadership Language
Live online session: Sharing your ideas with impact – developing a script for an upcoming opportunity to demonstrate leadership
- Organizing and crafting your communication around a strong message with confident language; building a focused and persuasive structure; avoiding language traps
Session 3: Adopting a Leader’s Presence
Pre-work video: the Voice of a Leader Post-session video: Leadership Presence
Live online session: Unlocking the power of your voice – developing stronger vocal habits
- Freeing your breath and projecting the power of your voice; using body language, eye contact, pace and expression) to convey confidence and take control of perceptions
Session 4: One-on-one virtual coaching with the program instructor -- Your Leadership Presence
Session 5: Leading in Every Conversation
Pre-work reading: Listen, Listen, Listen
Live online session: Leading in conversations and conflict
- Listening to lead; tactics for leading in conflict
Videos and materials
Read more about Business Communication
Read more about Women Leadership
Because of COVID-19, many providers are cancelling or postponing in-person programs or providing online participation options.
We are happy to help you find a suitable online alternative.