Taking the Stage®
Enabling Women to Project a Powerful Leadership Presence
Delivered in partnership with The Humphrey Group Inc., this high-impact program is designed to help women speak with courage and confidence so they can be seen and heard as leaders. Adopt a “taking the stage” mindset. Script yourself as a leader and unlock the power of your voice.
The course includes workshops and personalized coaching sessions that will enable you to practice speaking as a compelling leader in a variety of situations.
- Move beyond subconscious female behaviours and language traps that might be holding you back
- Portray yourself as a dynamic leader rather than a doer
- Confidently share your vision with others
- Employ vibrant, convincing language that is assertive, not aggressive
- Use your vocal power to engage others
- Speak with a powerful script that inspires others to listen and respond to you
- Develop your skills in a supportive peer-to-peer environment
- Embracing your leadership identity: why women often shun the stage, recognizing the value you bring to each audience, your ‘character’ and ‘role’ as a leader
- Applying the leader’s script: developing a clear message, building a persuasive structure, closing with a strong call to action
- The language of leadership: mastering the power of language, speaking with strength without apologizing, minimizing or self-correcting
- Achieving the voice of a leader: common vocal traps that can undermine your leadership, freeing the breath and projecting the power of your voice
- Adopting a leader’s presence: using your physical presence to create power, employing a leader’s body language, eye contact, tone and pace, “looking the part”
- Leading in conversations: active listening, informal and off-the-cuff speaking
- Leading in conflict: taking the right attitude towards conflict, tactics to lead in conflict
Working in small groups, you will create and deliver a well-argued talk that conveys leadership. You will also role-play conversations where you need to inspire action. Your skill development will be enhanced by videotaped feedback and individual guidance by experienced Humphrey Group consultants.