About the course
Enabling Women to Project a Powerful Leadership Presence
Delivered in partnership with The Humphrey Group Inc., this four-week learning experience enables women to project leadership through the lens of communication and to develop the skills needed to be seen and heard as strong, confident leaders. Discover how to communicate effectively to get your point across. Adopt a “taking the stage” mindset, and script yourself with clarity and intention. Unlock the power of your voice, and achieve a confident and authentic leadership presence.
We are pleased to offer this program as a fully online experience. As with our in-person classes, group sizes are limited to ensure ample individual feedback and social learning opportunities. You will leave with skills you have had a chance to apply, test and review with the program leader.
Online program format
Delivered over five sessions in a four-week period, the program includes:
- Pre-session online learning videos
- Four online sessions (1.5 hours each) facilitated live by an instructor from The Humphrey Group
- 30 minutes of 1-1 virtual coaching time with an instructor from The Humphrey Group
- One-year access to an online self-learning module
Benefits for you
- Adopt the mindset to lead with confidence, and craft a strong leadership identity
- Overcome minimizing communication habits that might be undermining you
- Deliver clear, logical messages that motivate others
- Establish a powerful vocal presence, and use vibrant language that is assertive rather than aggressive
- Achieve an authentic physical presence that conveys strength and confidence
- Effectively navigate conflict in conversations
- Develop your skills in a supportive peer-to-peer environment
Session 1: Embracing your Leadership Identity
Pre-work video: Leadership Identity
Live online session: What does it mean to take the stage in your role?
- Crafting and communicating your leadership identity; habits that may be working against you; adopting the mindset to take the stage
Session 2: The Leader’s Script
Pre-work videos: The Leader’s Script and Leadership Language
Live online session: Sharing your ideas with impact – developing a script for an upcoming opportunity to demonstrate leadership
- Organizing and crafting your communication around a strong message with confident language; building a focused and persuasive structure; avoiding language traps
Session 3: Adopting a Leader’s Presence
Pre-work video: the Voice of a Leader Post-session video: Leadership Presence
Live online session: Unlocking the power of your voice – developing stronger vocal habits
- Freeing your breath and projecting the power of your voice; using body language, eye contact, pace and expression) to convey confidence and take control of perceptions
Session 4: One-on-one virtual coaching with the program instructor -- Your Leadership Presence
Session 5: Leading in Every Conversation
Pre-work reading: Listen, Listen, Listen
Live online session: Leading in conversations and conflict
- Listening to lead; tactics for leading in conflict
This course is delivered by the team at the Humphrey Group.
Videos and materials
Read more about Business Communication
Read more about Women Leadership
Because of COVID-19, many providers are cancelling or postponing in-person programs or providing online participation options.
We are happy to help you find a suitable online alternative.