Taking the Stage®
Coursalytics is an independent platform to find, compare, and book executive courses. Coursalytics is not endorsed by, sponsored by, or otherwise affiliated with Sauder School of Business.Full disclaimer.
Enabling Women to Project a Powerful Leadership Presence
Delivered in partnership with The Humphrey Group Inc., this high-impact program is designed to help women speak with courage and confidence so they can be seen and heard as leaders. Adopt a “taking the stage” mindset. Script yourself as a leader and unlock the power of your voice.
The course includes workshops and personalized coaching sessions that will enable you to practice speaking as a compelling leader in a variety of situations.
- Move beyond subconscious female behaviours and language traps that might be holding you back
- Portray yourself as a dynamic leader rather than a doer
- Confidently share your vision with others
- Employ vibrant, convincing language that is assertive, not aggressive
- Use your vocal power to engage others
- Speak with a powerful script that inspires others to listen and respond to you
- Develop your skills in a supportive peer-to-peer environment
- Embracing your leadership identity: why women often shun the stage, recognizing the value you bring to each audience, your ‘character’ and ‘role’ as a leader
- Applying the leader’s script: developing a clear message, building a persuasive structure, closing with a strong call to action
- The language of leadership: mastering the power of language, speaking with strength without apologizing, minimizing or self-correcting
- Achieving the voice of a leader: common vocal traps that can undermine your leadership, freeing the breath and projecting the power of your voice
- Adopting a leader’s presence: using your physical presence to create power, employing a leader’s body language, eye contact, tone and pace, “looking the part”
- Leading in conversations: active listening, informal and off-the-cuff speaking
- Leading in conflict: taking the right attitude towards conflict, tactics to lead in conflict
Working in small groups, you will create and deliver a well-argued talk that conveys leadership. You will also role-play conversations where you need to inspire action. Your skill development will be enhanced by videotaped feedback and individual guidance by experienced Humphrey Group consultants.