Make sure this course is right for you.
Get unbiased reviews and personalized recommendations.
Who should attend
Managers, second tier, and team leaders who are responsible for building and maintaining effective teams in the workplace.
About the course
This program is for people who are new to second tier, or who have not received formal second tier Management Skills training. It covers all the important challenges a supervisor will face in the workplace. Clear guidelines are given on each topic, together with comprehensive training materials that form a very useful working manual. Practical exercises and case studies are used, to develop the skills and techniques a successful supervisor needs in their everyday working environment.
- To set out clear guidelines for effective second tier Management
- To enable participants to effectively supervise their staff by understanding key principles of leadership and motivation
- To understand the principles of 'effective communication' and how to use communication skills to make sure things get done properly, and on time
- To enable delegates to understand the value of delegation and prioritizing, so they can be more effective and efficient in their work
- To examine the principles of time management, effective planning and self-organization
- To give delegates greater self-awareness to enable them to improve their relationship with both those who manage them, and with their subordinates
- Definition of Second Tier
- Description of Second Tier: Into the Meat of It
- A Larger Sense of Awakening
- Use of the Fertile Void
- Freedom from Authority
- Downloading and Receiving Revelations
- Achieving Higher Vantage Points and Processes
- Awareness of “the extended organism”
- Recognizing the “Screen” of Pure Consciousness
- Intense Open Interest and Curiosity
- The Ability to Acknowledge and Incorporate What One Does Not Know (the “Rest of the Elephant in the Room”) and to Incorporate New Information as It Arises
- A Deeper Understanding of Pain, Denial and Self-Deception
- Affirmation for the Emotional Healing Process
- Deep Contactfulness with self and others
- Deep Contactfulness with Experience
- Some Dimensions of the Deep Structure of Experiencing and Thinking
- Glimpses of third Tier
- Affirmation for Second Tier
Second Tier Skills
- Definition Of Leadership & The Qualities Required To Lead People
- Different Leadership Roles
- Your Preferred Personal Leadership Style - An Assessment
- Leadership Styles - Which Is Appropriate?
- Understanding Motivation
Planning & Goal Setting
- Steps To Effective Planning
- Guidelines For Setting SMART(ER) Objectives
- Time Management
- Identifying Time Wasters
- Being An Effective Time Manager
- Choosing The Right Time To Do The Right Work
- Using The 'Prime Time' Principle
- The Advantages & Disadvantages Of Delegation
- Reasons Why Supervisors May Not Delegate
- When To Delegate
- To Whom To Delegate
- How To Delegate
- Using Delegation To Develop Your Team
- Why Do We Communicate?
- Barriers To Communication
- Communicating Effectively
- Body Language - The Impact Of Non-Verbal Communication
- Being An Effective Listener
Using Effective Questions - How To Ask Questions That Get The Answers You Really Need
- Understanding Different Behavioral Styles
- Taking The Right Attitude
- The Benefits Of Being Assertive
- Key Steps To Being Assertive
- Constructive Feedback
- Feedback Principles
- Performance Appraisals
Videos and materials
Because of COVID-19, many providers are cancelling or postponing in-person programs or providing online participation options.
We are happy to help you find a suitable online alternative.