Priority Management: Optimising Time, Workflow & Productivity
Coursalytics is an independent platform to find, compare, and book executive courses. Coursalytics is not endorsed by, sponsored by, or otherwise affiliated with Oxford Management Centre.Full disclaimer.
This highly interactive seminar will give you the tools and techniques needed to manage your time proactively and effectively.
Successful people set themselves goals and objectives. They know what they need to do, how they need to do it and have a plan to help them achieve it. How you plan and prioritize your day are two of the key skills needed to be successful and add value to your organization. Time is one of our most valuable resources yet we don’t always manage it as effectively as we could. This can lead to a stressful working environment which will prevent you from being successful and achieving your goals.
A key aspect of addressing this challenge is the ability to influence others to support you in a way that assists achieving mutual goals. To do this, finely honed communication skills are considered by many thought leaders to be an integral part of any business professionals’ toolkit.
This two-module seminar covers these strategic areas in a unique, proactive manner, which will result in top quality performance back in the workplace.
This seminar will highlight:
- How to set yourself realistic goals and objectives
- The importance of planning and prioritizing daily, weekly and monthly
- The relationship between Emotional Intelligence and Influencing
- Techniques to help you structure a compelling proposition
- The role of effective communication in managing your day more effectively
- Techniques to manage workplace stress
- How to manage the demands of others who want/need your time
The seminar is split into two modules:
MODULE I – Setting Priorities, Time Management & Stress Reduction
MODULE II – Personal Effectiveness & Influencing Skills
Each module is structured and can be taken as a stand-alone course; however, delegates will maximise their benefits by taking Module 1 and 2 back-to-back as a two-week seminar.
At the end of this seminar, you will learn to:
- Set yourself meaningful goals and objectives
- Plan, prioritize and manage your time more effectively
- Communicate positively and assertively with time stealers
- Run more effective meetings and delegate effectively
- Identify and reduce stress in yourself and others
- Present your ideas in a compelling way
- Negotiate effectively whilst building long term relationships
- Design and deliver a memorable presentation
- Influence Decision Making in the workplace
- Build long lasting business relationships with others
This seminar will involve a high level of participation facilitated by the course tutor using a range of proven blended learning methods. This methodology includes trainer delivery combined with individual and group exercises to reinforce key messages. All learning styles are addressed and mediums such as video, small group role-play, questionnaires, games and discussions are used to ensure the training is fun, engaging and empowering.
Companies who invest in this seminar are providing employees with the opportunity to gain a set of skills and knowledge that will benefit the productivity of the individual and the business
- This program introduces delegates to the benefits of goal and objective setting, which in turn will allow employees to become more effective and productive
- Delegates are shown how to take charge of their day, make best use of their personal best times of the day and plan their workload to ensure that personal and company objectives are consistently met
- This training seminar provides delegates with the skills and strategies to communicate more effectively in a range of contexts that ensure effective working relationships are developed and business goals are achieved
- By equipping employees with powerful communication strategies employers are ensuring their staff are more productive and effective in their job roles
- All skills learnt are multi-dimensional in terms of scope and application which means any delegate from any job function who attends this seminar will benefit
By learning how to set priorities, manage your day and influence those around you, you will be more effective in your job role and achieve greater success.
- Each delegate will set their own goals and SMART objectives that they can use for their life, work and personal goals
- You will create your own personal work plan that you can use to prioritize and manage your day more effectively
- You will learn empowerment techniques that will allow you to communicate more effectively with others who might be looking to take your time
- You will build confidence by the application of communication tools and concepts in a motivational learning environment.
- Each delegate will have the opportunity for self-analysis through questionnaires designed to help you understand your own and others behavior
- You will learn core negotiation skills that will achieve Win/Win outcomes for both parties
- Delegates will leave the seminar with a clear action plan to apply back in the workplace
Day1 - Managing yourself and your day
Module I – Setting Priorities, Time Management & Stress Reduction: Managing Stress & Pressure at Work
- Goal setting – why have goals?
- Setting SMART objectives to achieve your goals
- Planning and scheduling your activities
- Establishing responsibilities and priorities
- Effective use of diaries, time planners, time logs, etc.
- Criteria for prioritizing using the urgent and important model
- My Perfect Day – when are you at your best?
Day2 - Personal Time Management styles and Communication
- Your time management style – productive or obstructive?
- Highlighting personal ‘time-stealers’ and areas for development
- Procrastination – the stealer of time
- Dealing with interruptions and distractions – staying focused
- Communication styles and how to use positive communication to aid productivity
- Empowerment techniques – learning when to push back using the WISH model
Day3 - Effective Meetings and Delegation
- Meeting preparation – what tools do you need?
- Managing the meeting – time-keeper, note taker, chairperson
- Tips and techniques for effective meetings
- What does effective delegation look like?
- Styles of management that aid and hinder delegation
- How to delegate successfully
- Understanding how people learn
- The use of feedback in the delegation process
Day4 - Understanding Workplace Stress and its Causes
- What is stress?
- What contributes to workplace stress? – The top ten causes
- The impact of stress on personal performance – the positive and negative effects of stress
- Recognizing the signs of stress in ourselves and others
- Tips and techniques for managing stress
- Maintaining an effective balance between home and work
Day5 - Managing workplace stress through behavior and communication
- Understanding behavior types: passive, aggressive, passive aggressive and assertive
- How our thought process affects our behavior
- Developing self-assertiveness to achieve greater control over stress
- Conflict management – common cause of stress
- Analysis of individual conflict management styles
- Using emotional intelligence to manage stress and conflict situations
Day6 - Personal Inter Communication Skills
Module II – Personal Effectiveness & Influencing Skills: Communicate, Negotiate, Influence & Persuade
- Defining Influencing and Persuasion
- The science of the Change Curve and your role in influencing others
- Exploring the barriers to effective communication
- How the brain works in the communication process
- Understanding how people filter information
- The relationship between Emotional Intelligence and building powerful working relationships
- The importance of non-verbal communication when interacting with others
- Completion of own personal profile
Day7 - Effective Influencing Skills
- Understanding the Communication Cycle
- Introduction to the Influencing Model
- The critical elements of the Influencing Model explained and demonstrated
- The key skills of how to listen effectively
- Asking questions to understand the other parties perspective
- Structuring a strong and compelling argument
- The importance of flexibility when proposing a solution
- Influencing Decision Making at work
- How to use Decision Making tools in practice
Day8 - Negotiating Win/Win Outcomes
- Defining Negotiation and the characteristics of an effective negotiator
- Understanding the concept and language of negotiation
- Why all business professionals need excellent negotiation skills in the workplace
- The Zone of Possible Agreement (ZOPA) – Understanding negotiation parameters
- Preparing for your negotiations using the Like, Intend and Must (LIM)
- Learning how to identify negotiable variables – what do I trade?
- Exploring why BATNA (Best Alternative to a Negotiated Outcome) is a powerful negotiation tool
Day9 - Delivering a Presentation Effectively
- Understanding the key components of delivering a memorable speech
- The 5 P’s of preparation explained
- The importance of structure when preparing a presentation
- Introduction and use of the INTRO formula
- How to use your voice effectively
- Exploring the role of Body Language when presenting
- Top tips on how to use PowerPoint
- Discover the power of illustrations and stories
- Learn how to control nerves before delivering a vital speech
- Using the Personal Vocal Checklist
Day10 - Communication Strategies for Professional Excellence
- The Six Laws of Persuasion explained
- The importance of raising personal visibility and credibility in the workplace
- Determining who you need to know in your organization to increase your sphere of influence
- How to build a personal influencing Network Map
- Developing a personal ‘Plan of Action’ for your return to work
- Exploring resources for your ongoing personal development
Who should attend
This seminar is aimed at professionals who want to take better control of their time and be more productive. It will also benefit those who find their working environment quite stressful and want to take control of reducing stress
This course is suitable to a wide range of professionals but will greatly benefit:
- Anyone who supervises or manages a team
- Employees of any organization that feel under pressure
- Project Managers
- Anyone who supervises or manages a team
- Anyone that has to meet challenging deadlines and deliver results
- Senior Business Leaders
- Business Professionals who have a specific need to communicate and negotiate more effectively