Who should attend
This training course is aimed at professionals who want to take better control of their time and be more productive. It will also benefit those who find their working environment quite stressful and want to take control of reducing stress
This OXFORD training course is suitable to a wide range of professionals but will greatly benefit:
- All Professionals
- Personnel Professionals
- Training Professionals
- Occupational Health Specialists
- Health and Safety Professionals
- Employees on any organisations that demands more from them, anyone that has to manage stress and pressure at work, meet deadlines & deliver results
About the course
Successful people set themselves goals and objectives. They know what they need to do, how they need to do it and have a plan to help them achieve it. How you plan and prioritize your day are two of the key skills needed to be successful and add value to your organization. Time is one of our most valuable resources yet we don’t always manage it as effectively as we could. This can lead to a stressful working environment which will prevent you from being successful and achieving your goals.
Most people deny that they are stressed or affected by internal or external factors in the workplace. As the cost of stress to the employer continues to grow, organizations must recognize stress in their employees and train staff and management how to manage stress productively. A recent survey showed that 1 in 5 people report their work to be very or extremely stressful, citing the nature of their work, relationships at work or their employer as the cause.
This highly interactive OXFORD Setting Priorities, Time Management & Stress Reduction training course will give you the tools and techniques needed to manage your time & stress proactively and effectively.
- This OXFORD training course will highlight:
- How to set yourself realistic goals and objectives
- The Importance of Planning and Prioritizing daily, weekly and monthly
- The Role of Effective Communication in managing your day more effectively
- Techniques to Manage Workplace Stress
- How to manage the demands of others who want / need your time
At the end of this OXFORD training course, you will learn to:
- Set yourself meaningful goals and objectives
- Plan, prioritize and manage your time more effectively
- Communicate positively and assertively with time stealers
- Run more effective meetings and delegate effectively
- Identify and reduce stress in yourself and others
Participants to this OXFORD training course will receive thorough training on the subjects covered by the course outline with the instructor utilising a variety of proven adult learning teaching and facilitation techniques. The training course methodology includes trainer delivery combined with individual and group exercises to reinforce key messages. All learning styles are addressed and mediums such as video, small group role-play, questionnaires, games and discussions are used to ensure the training is fun, engaging and empowering.
Companies who invest in this OXFORD training course are providing employees with the opportunity to gain a set of skills and knowledge that will benefit the productivity of the individual and the business.
- This training course introduces delegates to the benefits of goal and objective setting, which in turn will allow employees to become more effective and productive
- Delegates are shown how to take charge of their day, make best use of their personal best times of the day and plan their workload to ensure that personal and company objectives are consistently met
- This training course provides delegates with the skills and strategies to be more productive, effective and better able to manage workplace stress
- By providing employees with a clear understanding of why they feel stress, and providing them with the tools to manage it, companies are fulfilling their obligation to protect their employees
By learning how to set priorities, manage your day and manage stress effectively, delegates can expect to feel a greater sense of achievement not only at work but in their personal life.
- Each delegate will set their own goals and SMART objectives that they can use for their life, work and personal goals
- You will create your own personal work plan that you can use to prioritize and manage your day more effectively
- You will learn empowerment techniques that will allow you to communicate more effectively with others who might be looking to take your time
- Each delegate will have the opportunity for self-analysis through questionnaires designed to help you understand your own and others behavior
- You will learn how to recognize the signs of stress and how to manage them accordingly
- Delegates learn how to relax, regain control and focus on taking personal ownership and responsibility for their state of mind and achieve positive outcomes to any situation
- Managing Yourself and Your Day
- Goal Setting – Why have goals?
- Setting SMART objectives to achieve your goals
- Planning and Scheduling your activities
- Establishing Responsibilities and Priorities
- Effective Use of Diaries, Time Planners, Time Logs, etc.
- Criteria for Prioritizing using the Urgent and Important Model
- My Perfect Day – When are you at your best?
- Personal Time Management Styles and Communication
- Your Time Management Style – Productive or Obstructive?
- Highlighting Personal ‘time-stealers’ and Areas for Development
- Procrastination – The Stealer of Time
- Dealing with Interruptions and Distractions – Staying Focused
- Communication Styles and How to Use Positive Communication to Aid Productivity
- Empowerment Techniques – Learning when to push back using the WISH model
- Effective Meetings and Delegation
- Meeting Preparation – What tools do you need?
- Managing the Meeting – time-keeper, note taker, chairperson
- Tips and Techniques for Effective Meetings
- What does effective delegation look like?
- Styles of Management that Aid and Hinder Delegation
- How to delegate successfully?
- Understanding How people learn
- The Use of Feedback in the Delegation Process
- Understanding Workplace Stress and its Causes
- What is Stress?
- What contributes to Workplace Stress? – The top ten causes
- The Impact of Stress on Personal Performance – The Positive and Negative Effects of Stress
- Recognizing the Signs of Stress in ourselves and others
- Tips and Techniques for Managing Stress
- Maintaining an Effective balance between Home and Work
- Managing Workplace Stress through Behavior and Communication
- Understanding Behavior Types: Passive, Aggressive, Passive Aggressive and Assertive
- How our thought process affects our behavior?
- Developing Self-assertiveness to achieve greater control over Stress
- Conflict Management – common cause of stress
- Analysis of Individual conflict Management Styles
- Using Emotional Intelligence to Manage Stress and Conflict Situations
Read more about Business Communication
Because of COVID-19, many providers are cancelling or postponing in-person programs or providing online participation options.
We are happy to help you find a suitable online alternative.