Make sure this course is right for you.
Get unbiased reviews and personalized recommendations.
Who should attend
Anyone wanting to learn how to develop prioritization strategies and techniques for effectively managing different time demands
About the course
Have you ever felt overwhelmed by how much you had to do or felt you were allocating too much time to tasks that are nowhere near the top of your priority list?
Successful people have an infinite capacity for achievement, yet all too often they are frustrated by interruptions, meetings, last minute demands on their time. The urgent squeezes out the important and people can end up working harder not smarter, getting tired and achieving less. Most of us can benefit from taking time out to reassess our priorities and working methods – and that’s exactly what this highly practical workshop has been designed to do.
You will learn how to deal with some of the biggest time stealers, respond to changing priorities and react assertively when others place demands on your time
At the end of the course, you will have an action plan to immediately start implementing what you have learnt and to help you sustain these improvements over time.
- Identify the key aspects of time management that you personally need to work on How to focus on high payoff activities
- Develop a robust prioritization strategy to maximize every minute of your working day
- Regain control over your workload
- Increase the productivity of your interactions with others
Setting and achieving goals
- Identifying how high achievers self-manage
- Setting your objectives in the wider context of your organization
- Why it is essential to plan ahead
- Setting achievable goals and objectives
- Managing changing and conflicting priorities
Developing a prioritization action plan
- What criteria should you use when prioritizing your workload?
- Identifying and focusing on high payoff activities
- Getting into a results focused mindset
- Tackling important versus urgent tasks
- Prioritizing your daily plan
Reprioritization; when and where
Maximize the productivity of your interactions with others
Defining your objectives for the interaction in advance
Responding to the demands of others
Managing expectations proactively
Learning to say no
Using appropriate assertive behaviour to get things done
When and how to delegate tasks effectively
How to make meetings purposeful and productive
- Establishing the purpose of the meeting
- Facilitating the meeting to achieve the desired outcomes
- What to do when things go off track
- How to maintain pace and control
- Effectively handling unwanted interruptions
- How to communicate when interruptions are not acceptable
- Implementing a screening plan
- Scheduling quiet time to gain productivity
Handling paperwork and electronic overload
- Why you must have a strategy to manage the email deluge
- Applying your prioritizing strategy to emails
Managing expectations of instant response in the age of connectivity
How to avoid others overloading you with information
- Why we put things off
- How procrastination affects your workload
- Practical strategies to prevent procrastination
Managing pressure and stress
- Exploiting pressure as a positive force
- Identifying when stress and pressure are working against you
- Techniques to reduce stress
A variety of methodologies will be used during the course that includes:
- (30%) Based on Case Studies
- (30%) Techniques
- (30%) Role Play
- (10%) Concepts
- Pre-test and Post-test
- Variety of Learning Methods
- Case Studies and Self Questionaires
- Group Work
Videos and materials
Because of COVID-19, many providers are cancelling or postponing in-person programs or providing online participation options.
We are happy to help you find a suitable online alternative.