Strategic Leadership in Times of Pressures Stress & Crisis
Coursalytics is an independent platform to find, compare, and book executive courses. Coursalytics is not endorsed by, sponsored by, or otherwise affiliated with ICTD International Centre for Training and Development.Full disclaimer.
This highly participative course will help you to develop your leadership skills to lead others in times of pressure, stress and crisis. You will become more aware of your strengths and limitations when you experience workplace pressure. Based on the latest research on workplace stress, You will gain knowledge to overcome the debilitating effects of stress. In this course you will obtain the latest insights into what makes a leader able to manage themselves and others during times of pressure and stress. By applying these leadership skills to the tasks and challenges you face in your work, you will begin to experience breakthroughs you never thought possible.
- Define time and its components.
- Identify and manage time wasters.
- Set goals and objectives and prioritize accordingly.
- Apply one or more of the 7 habits of highly effective people.
- Define what stress is, how it is caused and how the body responds to stress.
- Discuss what happens when stress is out of control.
- Analyze the causes of stress accurately and plan to control them.
- Suggest various ways and techniques to lower stress levels.
- Give employees more influence over the decisions that affect them and be sure of a positive response
- Maximize the intrinsic motivation of their staff
- Use interpersonal skills to develop and empower their staff
- Implement ideas for effective delegation
- Understand their role in empowering the work force
- Apply company-wide initiatives for empowering and engaging employees
Personal Leadership Skills for Handling Pressure & Stress
- Stress and its effects on the body, mind and spirit
- Holistic response to stress
- Relationship between mind and body
- Personality styles and response to stress
- Understanding Introvert and Extravert responses to stress
- Turning stressful challenges into opportunities
Enhancing Communication Skills in Times of Stress
- Passive & aggressive responses
- Assertive communication during stressful times
- Managing conflicts during times of stress
- Giving and receiving criticisms during stressful moments
- Resolving conflicts constructively during times of pressure
- Creative solutions in times of stress
Leading with Confidence during Challenging Times
- Coping with sudden change
- Leading others during sudden changes
- Recognizing the symptoms of short term and long term effects of stress
- Motivating yourself and others under pressure
- Building confidence during stressful times
- Leading others with confidence
Improving Leadership Effectiveness in Managing Crisis
- Crisis management skills
- Recognizing opportunities for change in a crisis
- Helping the team look for creative opportunities
- Practicing creative leadership in facing a crisis
- Removing blocks to creative solutions in a crisis
- Creative leadership effectiveness
Developing & Training Your Team to Handle Pressure, Stress & Crisis
- Training and developing employees to handle stress and pressure
- Stress handling techniques for you and your employees
- Helping the team to see the positive side of change in the workplace
- Implementing creative problem solving skills for your team when facing crisis
- Enhancing team effectiveness during stress
- Developing a personal action plan
## Course Methodology
A variety of methodologies will be used during the course that includes:
- (30%) Based on Case Studies
- (30%) Techniques
- (30%) Role Play
- (10%) Concepts
- Pre-test and Post-test
- Variety of Learning Methods
- Case Studies and Self Questionaires
- Group Work
Who should attend
This course is suitable to a wide range of professionals but will greatly benefit:
- Individuals with real leadership responsibility
- Individuals being groomed for leadership
- Individuals who have proved greater leadership abilities
- Any person actively involved in interacting with others and involved with managing others in a supervisory role