Make sure this course is right for you.
Get unbiased reviews and personalized recommendations.
Who should attend
- All Professionals
- Personnel Professionals
- Training Professionals
- Occupational Health Specialists
- Health and Safety Professionals
- Employees on any organizations that demands more from them, anyone that has to manage stress and pressure at work, meet deadlines and deliver results.
About the course
In an ever increasing pace of Life and Business, it becomes even more important to remove stress and operate with heightened sensory acuity.
Firstly, most people deny that they are stressed or affected by internal or external factors. Secondly, the most important thing that you have is not Money or other things, it is TIME, You can’t save it, you can’t stop it, and you will run out of it so why not learn how to use it properly. As the cost of stress to the employer continues to grow, organizations must recognize stress in their employees and train management to manage stress productively. A recent survey showed that 1 in 5 people report their work to be very or extremely stressful, citing the nature of their work, relationships at work or their employer as the cause.
This course will teach you:
- The latest psychological techniques to manage stress including psychological techniques to stop internal voices, anxiety and worrying.
- Identify and deal with the causes of stress and how time affects you and others
- How to resolve inner conflict and reduce negative internal dialogue
- How apply efficient strategies for success in any area of life
- Release your full potential and achieve well-formed goals continuously
In this seminar, delegates will be able to:
- Actively identify and reduce stress in themselves and others
- Develop ways of Managing the most Important element - TIME
- Take charge of your state of mind
- Maximizes performance and motivation at work
- Improve health and happiness
- Have a positive economic impact on individual and team performance
- Use NLP to change the way you think
Managing Your Job
- Managing yourself and the resources at your disposal
- What are you and your team trying to achieve?
- Defining your objectives and key result areas
- Establishing responsibilities and priorities
Practical Time Management & Planning Activities
- Effective use of diaries, time planners, time logs, etc.
- Criteria for prioritizing – urgent and important
- Planning and scheduling your activities
- Dealing with interruptions and distractions – staying focused
- Managing time under pressure
- Developing a proactive approach to short, medium and long term plans
- Investing time and effort in order to achieve more in the future
- Your time management behavior – preferred working styles
- Personal effectiveness – a guide to self-discipline
- Highlighting personal ‘time-stealers’ and areas of weakness
Managing Others & Meetings
- Managing people managers, colleagues, team members and customers
- Getting more things done through assertive behavior
- Making the most of meetings as participant or chairperson
- The rules of effective delegation - overcoming personal preferences and prejudices
- Using delegation as a means of coordinating the workload of your team/department
- Freeing up your time
- Developing staff
- Reviewing your management of time at regular intervals?
- Overcoming your old habits - maintaining your new standards?
Communicating with Excellence Getting Results
- The Rules of Communication - overcoming personal attitudes. Stereotypes, Prejudices and Beliefs
- Why people do what they do and Influencing for Results
Managing Pressure in the Workplace
- Moving from reactive to proactive
- Working to priorities when everything is urgent
- Taking control through planning and time management
- Managing conflicting demands from more than one person
Understanding Stress and its Causes
- What is stress? - Recognizing the physical and behavioral signs, Stress in the mind and body
- What contributes to workplace pressures? – The top ten causes
- The impact of stress on personal performance – the positive and negative effects of stress
- Recognizing the signs of stress in ourselves
- Maintaining an effective balance between home and work
- How gaining control of your Mind can reduce or eliminate stress
- The symptoms of short term and long term stress
- Recognizing your individual stress response and that of others
- Learning to recognize your stress level and key stressors
- The major causes of stress at work and at home
- How to develop self belief to overcome stress
- When stress aids performance and when stress detracts from performance
Different Stress and Behavioral Patterns
- Learning behavior types: passive, aggressive, passive aggressive and assertive
- How conscious and sub-conscious thinking affects behavior
- Developing self-assertiveness to achieve greater control over stress
- Improving your communication skills to manage aggression, stress and conflict from others
Handling Stress Positively, a Positive Mindset
- Stress handling strategies for you and your team
- Maintaining an effective balance between home and work
- Changing your mindset – seeing the positive side of change in the workplace
- Motivating yourself and others under pressure
- Developing a preventative rather than remedial approach to team problems
- How the Mind Focus techniques can reverse negativity into positive action
## Course Methodology
A variety of methodologies will be used during the course that includes:
- (30%) Based on Case Studies
- (30%) Techniques
- (30%) Role Play
- (10%) Concepts
- Pre-test and Post-test
- Variety of Learning Methods
- Case Studies and Self Questionaires
- Group Work
Videos and materials
Because of COVID-19, many providers are cancelling or postponing in-person programs or providing online participation options.
We are happy to help you find a suitable online alternative.