Who should attend
This course is designed for those new to marketing, or now taking responsibility for campaign development and implementation, this course will give you a 360 degree overview of the main steps for achieving a great performance.
About the course
Promotional campaigns are often extremely complex, involving numerous media, multiple channels and a plethora of different suppliers. Learn how to plan and manage direct and digital marketing campaigns to ensure that they happen on time, on brief and on budget.
## Course Objectives
The specific objectives of this unique experience are to help you:
- Analyse the impact of the external and internal environments on defining realistic, measurable objectives.
- Design and test propositions to attract both new and existing customers
- Evaluate media and channel options to engage your target audiences.
- Consider how different creative treatments help your brand stand out from the crowd.
- Appreciate the legal and ethical issues affecting targeting and communications - including those relating to privacy and Data Protection
## Course Outline
Module 1: Defining your objectives
- Setting specific and realistic campaign objectives and budgets
- Investigating how external environments can affect your campaign objectives
- Producing a situational analysis
- How to write a tactical campaign plan
- Planning an integrated multi-media campaign
Module 2: Engaging Your Audience
- Understanding the target audience, and how to segment and profile them
- Evaluating media and channel options to best deliver your campaign
- Designing and testing new propositions to attract new and existing customers
- Creative delivery, and how to integrate the creative story across online and traditional media
Module 3: Measuring Performance
- Setting KPIs and learning the principles to robustly monitor them
- Evaluating campaign performance using AMC, Yield and ROI
- Testing offers, media and incentives to fine-tune your campaigns
Module 4: Common campaign mistakes
- How to avoid common campaign mistakes
- How to assess risk and how to plan for it
- What to do when things go wrong
Module 5: Legal, decent and honest?
- Ensuring your campaign doesn't fall foul of privacy and data protection laws
- Opt in versus opt out - the latest best practice guidelines both on and offline
- Understanding the rules for free gifts, prize draws and competitions
- What to look out for when approving copy and the role of ASA
Read more about Information Technology
Because of COVID-19, many providers are cancelling or postponing in-person programs or providing online participation options.
We are happy to help you find a suitable online alternative.