Who should attend
This program is designed for executives or teams of professionals working in marketing, advertising, branding, communications, or sales. It is also appropriate for individuals seeking to employ social media to further their individual careers.
About the course
This course relates both traditional and new marketing concepts to today’s fast-paced, competitive and segmented business environment, with the emphasis on relating marketing theory to practical and effective real-world solutions. Both industrial and consumer situations will be considered with a strong focus on new product/service introduction, and product/service life cycle extension.
## Course Objectives
This program helps participants design, manage, and track social media campaigns. It provides the theory behind social media and explores the levers that influence its effectiveness. Participants will gain practical skills and learn the latest technical tools through in-class exercise and hands-on projects.
Key topics include:
- Analyzing social media marketing opportunities
- Exploring the behavioral and psychological factors that drive social media
- Understanding how to form and optimize social networks
- Designing effective communication strategies of social networks
- Implementing measurement strategies to track and measure the ROI of social media
- Discovering new social media technologies and learning how and when to employ them
## Course Outline
How to Architect a Social Media Marketing Strategy Blueprint for Your Business
The world is racing to keep up with social technology. To gain a competitive advantage, marketers need to think big, but plan in stages. After all, you wouldn’t build a house without a blueprint—so why jump into social media marketing without a strategy? Participants in this module will learn to apply an actionable 12-step social media marketing process designed to better connect with audiences, deepen relationships and drive profits.
Listening Channels in Social Media
You will learn:
- Why social listening is important
- Real-world case studies that show social listening in action
- How different countries use different social media venues
- How social media listening tools are evolving
- What tools are available today
- How today’s tools work, including their shortcomings
Crises, Landmines, Privacy, and Security
You will learn:
- How to deal with a Social Media crises where activists and competitors initiate “brand-jamming”: from going on to Google Maps and reporting competitors’ stores closed, to leaving negative reviews on Yelp, or to an elaborate hoax that involves completely taking over a brand’s online identity.
- How to positively manage employees in social media given the collision of personal and professional on social networking sites, every employee is a potential social media ambassador for your brand.
- Keeping your privacy counsel and tech team in the loop. What kind of information collection are you doing? What permissions do your apps ask for on mobile? What are your ad networks doing? What kind of cookies is your website dropping? You don’t want to be on the wrong side of a WSJ “What They Know” investigation. Your social media team, your tech team, and your legal team should be ‘following’ each other.
Social Media Content, Power and Influence
You will learn:
- How content is creating new marketing channels, PR opportunities, and personal influence
- Fundamentals of content marketing strategy and its critical role in the marketing mix
- Blogging best practices, tips, and tricks that deliver tangible business results
- The insider's view of Twitter and how this platform can create powerful business benefits through customer service, business intelligence and professional networking.
Measuring & Tracking Social Media ROI
This module identifies the measurements, tracking and analytic tools (many widely available for everyone on “open source” platforms) to prove return on investment of social media on your business. Best practices, case studies across B2B and B2C brands that have integrated social media into their business plan are discussed. There are team-based exercises to determine the Key Performance Indicators (KPI’s) that are right for your business. You’ll leave with an understanding of the principles plus the work plan to measure and prove ROI of social media for your brand.
Social Platforms and Business Strategy will focus on:
- Deciding which platforms are most important for your business to focus on depending on your target market
- Understanding the basic functionality, restrictions, as well as recommended tactics for each site
- Best practices for maximizing the marketing potential of each platform through examining case studies
Mobile Social Media Marketing
This session will focus on:
- What kind of strategic lens can marketers use to evaluate mobile social marketing opportunities?
- How should mobile social marketing fit in other social marketing plans?
- How can brands tap content, games, and entertainment to spread mobile word of mouth?
Engaging Influencers through Social Media
You will learn:
- Identify who matters most to your business: Understand your influencers based on their reach, resonance, and relevance to your market.
- Discover most relevant influencers for your campaign: Find your influencers. They may not be who you think they are around a unique topic.
- Follow influencers’ contribution on your issues: Gain insight into what your influencers say about your brand, products, competitors, and market.
- Build engagement strategies based on Intel: Learn where influencers are talking, what they are saying, how they feel about your topic, who influences them and more.
- Engage the most relevant influencers and optimize returns: Build relationships with the right influencers to maximize the impact on your products, brands, and business.
- Measure the results of your outreach campaign: Effectively track the success of your outreach campaign with data-rich feedback that brands and agencies can both use.
Change Management: Understanding and winning the organization for Social Media
Topic to be covered in this module with lecture and interactive exercises:
- Social Media: transforming business and organizations
- Understanding organizations inertia and the levers to overcome
- Identifying influencers and their motivations and priorities
- Defining value proposition and strategic direction of targeted change and how to communicate and engager
Videos and materials
Because of COVID-19, many providers are cancelling or postponing in-person programs or providing online participation options.
We are happy to help you find a suitable online alternative.