Make sure this course is right for you.
Get unbiased reviews and personalized recommendations.
Who should attend
- Administrative staff and assistants
- Recording Secretary
- Administrative Assistant
About the course
Across an entire organization, many meetings from informal to formal are taking place every day. Are accurate records of key business decisions being recorded? Who were the key decision makers? Does anyone know what happened in the meeting and what decisions were made and carried and ideas discussed and motioned? Are your business units effectively implementing decisions made after the meeting? This training course will enable you to understand the important role of a minute-taker as well as efficiently recording all the important information discussed.
- Recognize the importance of minute-taking.
- Develop key minute-taking skills, including listening skills, critical thinking and organization.
- Learn to deal with many of the complaints that affect minute-takers.
- Be able to write minutes in all settings including; formal meetings, semiformal meetings, and action minutes.
- Learn to efficiently take minutes in any type of meeting. Know how to effectively prepare and publish minutes.
The Role of a Minute Taker
- Discuss The Role of a Minute Taker
- Explore common problems and solutions in small groups
The Skills of a Minute Taker
- An ability to listen
- Critical thinking skills
- Good organization techniques
- Discuss meeting agreements
- Three templates to take away and customize
- Formal meeting style
- Informal meeting style
- Action meeting style
- What Do I Record?
- Participants will learn what to record during a meeting
Techniques for Preparing Minutes
- Tools for creating minutes
- Organization methods
- Techniques for writing drafts
- Proofreading tips
Taking Minutes in an Interactive Meeting
- Learn how their role as a minute-taker will be different in an interactive meeting
The Minute Book
- Participants will learn how to build and maintain a minute book
A variety of methodologies will be used during the course that includes:
- (30%) Based on Case Studies
- (30%) Techniques
- (30%) Role Play
- (10%) Concepts
- Pre-test and Post-test
- Variety of Learning Methods
- Case Studies and Self Questionaires
- Group Work
Videos and materials
Because of COVID-19, many providers are cancelling or postponing in-person programs or providing online participation options.
We are happy to help you find a suitable online alternative.