Make sure this course is right for you.
Get unbiased reviews and personalized recommendations.
Who should attend
Managers who run, or attend meetings, should attend this program, to understand how to improve motivation, productivity, participation, and leadership skills through conducting well run, time-bound meetings.
About the course
Meetings are seen to be an important part of every business. Yet they are one of the biggest time wasters. Poorly planned, badly handled meetings cost hours of time that could be used more effectively. In the Gulf, one of the main complaints of delegates on our Time Management programs is - 'poorly planned', 'too long', 'badly run' meetings. Late attendance, no agenda, no prioritization of items, poor chairmanship, etc., are all common complaints. This course provides all the essential skills for running effective meetings.
Meetings eat up a large percentage of an average employee's workday, yet often little is done to manage this important expenditure of time and resources.
Good meeting skills are essential for any collaborative effort; they enable employees to make decisions efficiently and respond more quickly to fast-changing demands. Since 1969, Interaction Associates has conducted research and collected data from hundreds of consulting engagements to develop a methodology for successful meetings.
The result is Mastering Meetings™, a highly experiential workshop in which participants address the most common barriers to meeting effectiveness and learn skills and strategies to run meetings that are shorter, more focused, and yield tangible outcomes.
By the end of the course, participants will be able to:
- To examine the current methods of conducting meetings in delegates' organizations
- To clearly understand the techniques required for running effective meetings
- To examine communication techniques in face-to-face communication
- To give delegates the opportunity to practice the skills learned during the program, through a highly participative exercise
- Keep meetings focused and on track
- Encourage everyone to participate
- Create effective action plans
- Leverage the time and energy of people in the room
- Introduction to Meetings
- Purpose of a Meeting
- Workshop Overview
- Setting Up for Success
- Conducting the Meeting
- Practice Meeting
- Following Through
- Structure of a Meeting
- Total Cost of a Meeting
- Before the Meeting
- Writing the Agenda
- During the Meeting
- Should there be a Meeting?
- Role of the Efficient Leader
- Role of the Participants
- Right Discussion and Questions
- Closing the Meeting
- After the Meeting
- Writing and Distributing Minutes
- Decisions and Future Meetings
- Other Issues
- Group Dynamics
- Visual Aids
A variety of methodologies will be used during the course that includes:
- (30%) Based on Case Studies
- (30%) Techniques
- (30%) Role Play
- (10%) Concepts
- Pre-test and Post-test
- Variety of Learning Methods
- Case Studies and Self Questionaires
- Group Work
Videos and materials
Because of COVID-19, many providers are cancelling or postponing in-person programs or providing online participation options.
We are happy to help you find a suitable online alternative.