Who should attend
Managers, Supervisors, Foremen, Team Leaders. The course is also suitable for anyone who has been assigned the role of mentoring or coaching or appraising another employee.
About the course
In today`s competitive business environment, it is essential to systematically manage the performance of employees to make them as productive and motivated as possible.
Understanding what motivates employees and aligning it with the organization
s objectives is the essence of an effective performance management system. The organizations performance appraisal system is an important tool in the development of staff and in running the organization. It is, therefore, important that these appraisal interview sessions are planned and conducted effectively.
This training will provide line managers, supervisors and team leaders with the skills and confidence to conduct those normally “dreaded” appraisal interviews with positive results in terms of organizational goal achievement, as well as employee morale and competence enhancement.
By the end of this training, delegates will be able to:
- Explain performance management – definition, aims and developments
- Conduct an effective employee performance appraisal/review, covering:
- Planning and preparing for the Performance Appraisal/Review
- Conducting the Appraisal Interview in a constructive way
- Using interpersonal skills such as Effective Listening, Reading and Projecting Body Language, Tone of Voice, Giving Praise and Constructive Criticism
- Facilitating agreement on actual performance
- Identifying barriers impacting on performance
- Identifying jobholder training and development needs
- Becoming aware and avoiding problems with performance appraisals
- What is a Performance Appraisal Interview?
- Why carry out an Appraisal interview?
- From a manager/supervisor perspective
- From the employee`s perspective
- How does the Appraisal Process Work?
- Preparing for the Appraisal
- Opening the Appraisal Meeting
- The Appraisal Process Begins
- The Key to setting good objectives
- Dealing with Poor Performance
- Discussing development needs
- Beware of common appraisal interview errors
- The role of coaching
A variety of methodologies will be used during the course that includes:
- (30%) Based on Case Studies
- (30%) Techniques
- (30%) Role Play
- (10%) Concepts
- Pre-test and Post-test
- Variety of Learning Methods
- Case Studies and Self Questionaires
- Group Work
Videos and materials
Because of COVID-19, many providers are cancelling or postponing in-person programs or providing online participation options.
We are happy to help you find a suitable online alternative.