Make sure this course is right for you.
Get unbiased reviews and personalized recommendations.
Who should attend
All managers and supervisors who wish to improve their management of time, and those whose effective use of time is a critical factor affecting
About the course
How to put more time into your working day, solve problems faster, run better meetings, delegate more, resolve conflicting demands and manage multiple projects and priorities
An exciting and dynamic management course for managers, engineers, supervisors and other professionals!
You may be smart. You may be talented. You may have big dreams and lots of energy.
But if you're not focused and organized and if you don't manage your time properly, every day on your job will be a struggle ... and you will achieve much less than you should! Get a lifeline!
This seminar will change the way you work and do business forever!
It will help you to get a lot more done and to have a lot of fun doing it, for you can't do much of one without the other!
Controlling Time & Managing Stress at Work is not just about time management, it is about self-management! It will help you to become all you can be!
Although we call it TIME MANAGEMENT, Time cannot be managed! It moves relentlessly and cannot be stopped, reversed, put on hold or accumulated. What we call "Time Management" is really the "Management of Yourself"!
In today's climate of downsizing, outsourcing, multiple responsibilities and project teams, one thing all managers agree on is that they work longer and longer hours. The most common complaint is that there simply aren't enough hours in the day or days in the week to get all the tasks done.
- Define time and its components.
- Identify and manage time wasters.
- Set goals and objectives and prioritize accordingly.
- Apply one or more of the 7 habits of highly effective people.
- Define what stress is, how it is caused and how the body responds to stress.
- Discuss what happens when stress is out of control.
- Analyze the causes of stress accurately and plan to control them.
- Suggest various ways and techniques to lower stress levels.
- Give employees more influence over the decisions that affect them and be sure of a positive response
- Maximize the intrinsic motivation of their staff
- Use interpersonal skills to develop and empower their staff
- Implement ideas for effective delegation
- Understand their role in empowering the work force
- Apply company-wide initiatives for empowering and engaging employees
Definition of Time Management
- Value of Time as a Resource
- Myths about Time Management
Identifying and Managing Time Wasters
- Self-Imposed Time Wasters
- System-Imposed Time Wasters
- Managing Time Wasters: Planning, Organizing, Staffing, Directing, Controlling, Communication and Decision-Making
- Eliminating Bad Habits
- The Attitude Pyramid
Setting Goals and Priorities
- Difference between a Goal and an Objective
- Setting Goals Effectively
- Developing the Habit of a To Do List
- The Self Management Matrix
- Setting Priorities
The Seven Habits of Highly Effective People (by Stephen Covey)
- Be Proactive
- Begin with the End in Mind
- Put First Things First
- Think Win-Win
- Seek First to Understand then to be Understood
- Sharpen the Saw
Introduction to Stress
- What Is Stress?
- Facts About Stress
- How Do You Know When You Are Stressed?
- Work related stress
- The signs and symptoms of stress
- The buildup of stress
- Environmental Stressors
- Some organizational symptoms of stress
- Chemical and Nutritional Stressors
- Life Style and Job Stress
- Stress and Burnout.
Dealing with stress in yourself and in others
- Coping with stress
- Helping others
- Management counseling
- Counseling – where do you start?
Using mentoring to deal with stress
- Types of mentoring
- Benefits of mentoring
- Roles of the mentee and mentor
- Guidelines for mentoring success
- Cognitive (Mental)
- Acute and Chronic Stress
- Time Management
- Physical Exercise: Physiological Effects of Exercise, Muscle Relaxation, Breathing Techniques, Visual Imagery, Sleep and Music
- Healthy Diet
- Relaxation and Training.
Understanding Conflict Management in Workplace
- What is conflict?
- Managing conflict
- The Levels of Conflict
Dealing with conflict
- Turning conflict to your advantage
- Common problems
- Resolving Conflict – guidelines
- Bullying and harassment
- Promoting a positive atmosphere to minimize conflict
What is meant by Delegation, Empowerment and by Engagement?
- Definition of Empowerment and what it attempts to achieve
- Definition of Engagement and what it attempts to achieve
- Characteristics of engaged employees and of disengaged employees
- Characteristics of empowered employees and un-empowered employees
- Motivation - Intrinsic and extrinsic
- Goal theory
Techniques for engaging employees
- Informal participative decision-making programmes
- Job enrichment,
- Continuous improvement
- Self-managed work teams.
- Quality circles
- Informal and formal consultation processes
- The establishments of charters with employees
The Role of the Supervisor and Team Leader
- The relationship with ER and HR
- The Interpersonal skills involved - listening, communicating, assertiveness and influence
- The responsibility for people
- Running Meetings
Empowered performance reviews
- Agreeing goals
- Motivating through feedback
- The importance of praise and how to make it more effective
- Reviewing performance
- Providing genuine development
- Handling unrealistic expectations
A variety of methodologies will be used during the course that includes:
- (30%) Based on Case Studies
- (30%) Techniques
- (30%) Role Play
- (10%) Concepts
- Pre-test and Post-test
- Variety of Learning Methods
- Case Studies and Self Questionaires
- Group Work
Videos and materials
Because of COVID-19, many providers are cancelling or postponing in-person programs or providing online participation options.
We are happy to help you find a suitable online alternative.