Managing Conflicts & Difficult Situations
Coursalytics is an independent platform to find, compare, and book executive courses. Coursalytics is not endorsed by, sponsored by, or otherwise affiliated with Oxford Management Centre.Full disclaimer.
Have you been in a conflict situation where you or the other person have lost control, or have passively backed down? Can you cope with difficult conversations, or have the confidence to deal with difficult situations or people?
The Oxford ‘Managing Conflicts & Difficult Situations: The Complete Guide in Handling People’s Behaviour Effectively’ will teach the key skills, techniques and practical applications to deal with these situations, and many others, effectively. In this highly interactive and engaging programme you will learn how to master yours and others’ emotions to control and manage the personal interactions that can lead to conflict. You will learn key strategies to employ to assertively lead others through your power of influence and persuasion to achieve the best outcome.
Specifically you will learn to:
- Identify your natural personality preferences for thinking, feeling, speaking and behaving that may trigger conflict.
- Recognise the default conflict-management strategies people use – both helpful and unhelpful
- The types and causes of conflict and difficulty both inter-personal and strategic
- Apply highly effective verbal techniques and phrases to overcome conflict and difficulties at both the individual and organizational level
- How to structure your meetings, presentations and communications to reduce negative conflict and encourage healthy debate
- How to Manage and Control Conflict and Difficult Situations
- Utilising the Power of Emotional Intelligence in Conflict Situations
- Understand your Conflict-Management default mode: Thomas-Kilmann Conflict Mode Type Assessment
- Learn Advanced Interpersonal Skills for Managing Conflict Situations
- Understand and Communicate with Different Personalities
- How to Master the Art of Persuasion, Influence and Negotiation
- How to be more Assertive: Techniques and Skills
- The Key Processes and Strategies to handle Challenging or Difficult Conversations
- Develop the Art of Influencing with Integrity and Personal Power
- Develop Strategies for Managing Organizational Conflict and Culture
Who should attend
All individuals who have a need to develop their conflict and resolution styles approach, these can include, but are not restricted to:
- All Leaders and Professionals
- Management Professionals
- Team Leaders
- Technical Staff