Make sure this course is right for you.
Get unbiased reviews and personalized recommendations.
Who should attend
Associates, business professionals, team leaders and individual contributors who want to acquire the essential assertiveness skills.
About the course
Gain more confidence, decisiveness and respect with assertiveness training!
In this training seminar, you will learn powerful assertiveness training exercises for improving your assertiveness skills to help you deal with conflict at all levels in the organization, discover techniques on how to be an assertive communicator, acquire ways to handle receiving and giving feedback and address business etiquette when professionalism and assertiveness are required. You’ll assess your areas of strength and growth in this critical skill, understand how social styles affect assertive behaviors and benefit by learning steps for conflict resolution. Overall enhance your assertiveness skills for immediate on-the-job use!
How You Will Benefit
- Gain the essentials of assertiveness
- Practice assertive behaviors through verbal, vocal and visual techniques
- Address assertiveness issues in both your personal life and business life
- Learn the nuances of etiquette and how it relates to assertiveness and self-esteem
- Apply your newly learned assertiveness skills to relevant on-the-job situations
What You Will Cover
- Differences in behavioral styles—passive, aggressive and assertive
- Identifying techniques for improving self-esteem
- Improving communication with different social styles
- Risks and benefits in becoming assertive
- Factors that influence your level of assertiveness
- The role of social styles in assertive communication
- A five-step model for conflict resolution
- Appropriate assertiveness in common workplace situations
- Achieving a healthy balance personally and professionally
AMA Blended Learning combines instructor-led training with online pre- and post-seminar assessments, tune-up courses and other resources to maximize your training goals. Through a blend of proven instructor-led seminars and powerful online technology, AMA Blended Learning provides a compelling and more comprehensive experience for the learner—producing a greater return-on-investment for the employer and the seminar participant.
- Describe Behaviors That Distinguish Assertive, Passive, and Aggressive Behavioral Styles
- Assess Personal Areas of Strength and Areas for Growth Related to Assertiveness
- Demonstrate Assertive Behavior Using a Variety of Verbal and Visual Techniques
- Recognize Appropriate Opportunities for Assertive Behavior Related to Conflict Management and Business Etiquette in the Workplace
- Assess Personal Areas for Improvement Related to Assertiveness
- Define Assertiveness
- Identify Characteristics and Behaviors Associated with Assertive Individuals
- Distinguish Among the Three Behavioral Styles: Passive, Assertive, Aggressive
Personal Influences on Assertiveness
- Describe Your Personal Strengths to Improve Self-Concept and Confidence
- Recognize the Role and Pattern of Lifelong Influences on Being Assertive
- Identify Techniques to Improve Self-Esteem
- Develop an Assertive Bill of Rights
Communication—Skills, Challenges, and Tools
- Identify Verbal, Vocal, and Visual Elements of Assertive Communication
- Use Appropriate Assertive Language and Techniques in a Variety of Written and Verbal Situations
- Develop a Plan to Manage Conflict Using the AEIOU Communication Model
- Assess Your Current Comfort Level By Saying “No” to Others
- Identify Techniques for Interacting with Common Difficult Employee Types
- Practice Strategies for Saying “No”
- State Techniques to Overcome Reluctance When Initiating Requests
Appropriate Assertiveness in Workplace Situations
- State Assertive Responses to Challenging Situations Associated with Attending Meetings
- Develop Assertive Language for Receiving and Requesting Feedback from Others
Achieving a Healthy Balance—Personally and Professionally
- Identify Strategies for Action to Help Achieve a Balanced Life
- Develop an Assertive Approach to Two Current Challenging Situations
- Establish an Action Plan for Achieving Your Goals
Videos and materials
Because of COVID-19, many providers are cancelling or postponing in-person programs or providing online participation options.
We are happy to help you find a suitable online alternative.