Who should attend
Frontline and Support Staff, whose actions can have a significant impact on a company's reputation and customer satisfaction
About the course
When we encounter people they often interfere with our enjoyment and effectiveness at work. It is often difficult to know how to confront and deal with the situation and if unsuccessful attempts to do so are made, the conflict leaves us feeling stressed and ineffective. This highly practical course will give you the confidence and skills to deal effectively with the difficult person, thus improving the quality of your working life.
This course is aimed at those having problems in dealing with sub-ordinates, customers, suppliers, managers or co-workers.
Handling difficult people and situations is one of the most stressful aspects of the modern working environment.
This handling difficult people and situations training course provides a practical guide on how to handle difficult people and situations effectively and ensure successful outcomes.
Delegates will examine aspects of human behavior and review their options when faced with difficult, aggressive or uncooperative people.
This course provides delegates with an opportunity to discuss their own experiences as well as those of others
## Course Outline
Developing Your Understanding of Behavior
- People and behavior
- Encouraging others to break non-productive work behavior styles
- How your behavior affects others and vice versa
- Recognizing the different factors which influence an individual's motivation
Interpersonal Skills and Assertiveness
- Adopting an assertive approach to your relationships with others
- Being positive - avoiding personality clashes
- Building harmonious and open working relationships
Communicating with colleagues at all levels within your organization Dealing with Difficult People
Why are some people difficult?
Dealing with people who are aggressive, cynical or obstructive
Identifying and dealing with the underlying causes of 'difficult behavior'
Dealing with Difficult Situations
- Typical situations you may face at work and ways of dealing with them
- Dealing with situations and events rather than personalities
- Adopting an appropriate approach in a variety of situations
- Overcoming the preconceived ideas and attitudes of others - looking for positive outcomes
Videos and materials
Because of COVID-19, many providers are cancelling or postponing in-person programs or providing online participation options.
We are happy to help you find a suitable online alternative.