Managing Conflict: Power Through Influence
Coursalytics is an independent platform to find, compare, and book executive courses. Coursalytics is not endorsed by, sponsored by, or otherwise affiliated with ICTD International Centre for Training and Development.Full disclaimer.
The ability to confidently influence others and manage conflict is a valuable business skill, particularly in challenging situations, such as meetings, or when delegating tasks or disciplining staff.
We look at three key behavioural styles and the right approach for each of them when it comes to influencing others. We also show you how to pre-empt and manage conflict, and help you create a personal action plan to take back to the workplace.
By the end of the program, participants will be able to:
- Define and understand the different sources of conflict.
- Resolve conflicts using different strategies.
- Identify their own personal conflict resolution style.
- Use the different bases of power and change them according to the situation.
- Apply influencing skills and explore their relationships with others.
- Practice effective methods of intervention and conflict management.
- Turn arguments into discussions and create win-win solutions.
- Definitions of Conflict
- Misconceptions about Conflict
- Sources of Conflict
- Positive and Negative Factors of Conflict
- Business Management and Conflict Resolution
Thomas–Kilmann Conflict Mode Instrument
- Scoring and Interpretations
- Ways of Coping with Conflict
- Assumptions and Outcome of Conflict
- Managing Conflicts and Using Appropriate Style For More Effective Outcomes
Influencing Others in a Problem-Solving Context
- Working Effectively with Team Members
- Managing your Emotions, Information and Problems
- Tips for Effective Day to Day Conflicts
- Resolving Conflict before it Gets Out of Hand
- Managing Conflicts with Superiors and Subordinates
Importance of Teamwork
- Managing Conflict in Teams
- Dealing with Dysfunctional Team Roles
- Enhancing Communication in a Team
- Effective Team Problem Solving
Influence Inventory (Power Bases)
- Definitions of Influence and the Bases of Power
- Changing the Bases of Power
- Leadership Training for Influence and Power
- Training and Development for Influence
The Art of Changing Hearts, Minds, and Action
- Influence and the Psychology of Persuasion
- The Power to Change Anything
- Developing your Influence from Anywhere in the Organization
A variety of methodologies will be used during the course that includes:
- (30%) Based on Case Studies
- (30%) Techniques
- (30%) Role Play
- (10%) Concepts
- Pre-test and Post-test
- Variety of Learning Methods
- Case Studies and Self Questionaires
- Group Work
Who should attend
Business professionals, who want to expand their conflict resolution skills, understand their own emotions and behaviors and find productive ways to manage conflict with influence even when authority is lacking.