Who should attend
Professionals and managers who want to enhance their ability to deal with conflict situations productively.
About the course
Do you have the self-awareness, solid communication skills, and motivation to resolve uncomfortable situations?
Those who embrace conflict can build understanding and better relationships—and experience greater personal and professional success. But managing conflict is not easy. In this workshop, you'll discover your own emotional triggers and learn how to manage difficult encounters with diplomacy, tact, and credibility.
How You Will Benefit
- Build trust and credibility with colleagues and team members
- Leverage potential conflict situations as opportunities for critical conversations that enhance work relationships
- Gain confidence in holding difficult conversations calmly and assertively
- Manage conflict situations proactively
- Increase your effectiveness in managing conflict
- See an uptick in your overall performance
What You Will Cover
- Getting a handle on and gaining insights into your conflict management style through self-assessment (TKI®)
- Role playing to practice techniques and new skills in a safe environment
- Sharing of best practices for approaching conflict management
- Transferring your learning back to your work environment using job aids and other resources
Developing Conflict Awareness
- Distinguish Between a Disagreement and a Conflict
- Identify the Signs of a Conflict
- Manage Your Emotional Reaction in a Conflict Situation
Modes of Conflict Management
- Choose the Appropriate Conflict Management Approach for Any Situation
- Understand Your Own Conflict Style
- Follow the A.E.I.O U. Model to Diffuse a Tense Situation
Responding to Conflict
- Communicate Assertively Without Eliciting Defensiveness from the Other Person
- Constructively Disagree with Others
Handling Difficult Conversations
- Select Appropriate Language to Express Your Ideas Clearly
- Plan for Difficult Conversations in a Way That Focuses on Achieving the Results You Desire
- Prepare for Potential Barriers During Difficult Conversations
- Effectively Execute a Difficult Conversation
Set Goals for Applying Your New Skills to Your Own Real-Life Situations
Videos and materials
Because of COVID-19, many providers are cancelling or postponing in-person programs or providing online participation options.
We are happy to help you find a suitable online alternative.