About the course
This online communication skills training can help you be more effective within any organization.
Your ability to communicate can make or break your career. Here is your chance to increase your effectiveness and find your best voice—even when you're under pressure.
Learn how to engage in clear, two-way communication to convey information...ideas...and feelings. Discover how to choose and use the most appropriate words and tone for every business interaction. Acquire the tools to craft each message with the audience in mind. Adopt the right mindset for success. And take specific action steps to enable others to receive your messages positively.
What You Will Cover
- Understanding the complex interplay between speaker, audience, relationship, and context in the communication process
- Determining root causes of miscommunications - and ways to neutralize them in the future
- Identifying and removing roadblocks to effective communication
- Tactics for beginning afresh after a communication misfire
- Knowing your personal communication style – and nuancing it successfully for others
- Explore the power of nonverbal cues as a crucial part of communication
- Mastering the 3 V’s of nonverbal communication: Visual, Verbal and Vocal
- Recognizing how differences in culture, gender, age and other factors contribute to communication
- Avoiding loaded words and “hot-button” language
- Exploring the Know-Feel-Do Model of communicating: crafting more effective messages by imagining how the recipient will take what you say
How You Will Benefit
- Manage Your Image
- Define and Leverage Your Communication Style
- Utilize Effective Communication Skills
- Listen Effectively
A Closer Look at Communication
- Identify and Remove the Roadblocks to EffectiveCommunication
Tools for Powerful Communication
- Discuss the Role of Nonverbals in PowerfulCommunication
- Practice Using the Know-Feel-Do Model to Have More Powerful
- Explain How to Positively Impact the Visual, Verbal, and Vocal Components ofCommunication
Because of COVID-19, many providers are cancelling or postponing in-person programs or providing online participation options.
We are happy to help you find a suitable online alternative.