Coursalytics is an independent platform to find, compare, and book executive courses. Coursalytics is not endorsed by, sponsored by, or otherwise affiliated with American Management Association.Full disclaimer.
About the course
This online communication skills training can help you be more effective within any organization.
Your ability to communicate can make or break your career. Here is your chance to increase your effectiveness and find your best voice—even when you're under pressure. Learn how to engage in clear, two-way communication to convey information...ideas...and feelings. Discover how to choose and use the most appropriate words and tone for every business interaction. Acquire the tools to craft each message with the audience in mind. Adopt the right mindset for success. And take specific action steps to enable others to receive your messages positively.
What You Will Cover
- Understanding the complex interplay between speaker, audience, relationship, and context in the communication process
- Determining root causes of miscommunications - and ways to neutralize them in the future
- Identifying and removing roadblocks to effective communication
- Tactics for beginning afresh after a communication misfire
- Knowing your personal communication style – and nuancing it successfully for others
- Explore the power of nonverbal cues as a crucial part of communication
- Mastering the 3 V’s of nonverbal communication: Visual, Verbal and Vocal
- Recognizing how differences in culture, gender, age and other factors contribute to communication
- Avoiding loaded words and “hot-button” language
- Exploring the Know-Feel-Do Model of communicating: crafting more effective messages by imagining how the recipient will take what you say