Coursalytics is an independent platform to find, compare, and book executive courses. Coursalytics is not endorsed by, sponsored by, or otherwise affiliated with Smith School of Business.Full disclaimer.
Queen's Leadership Program provides insights and one-on-one coaching that will change the way you think about leadership and the way you are perceived as a leader.
The Program takes you through an intensive five days of self-discovery, one-on-one coaching, classroom discussions and team exercises. You will leave the Program with a better understanding of yourself and a powerful personal development agenda.
Key elements of the program include:
Personal Leadership Assessment
Anchored by the 360-Degree Feedback instrument, your executive coach will help you better understand how you are perceived by your colleagues and how Program content relates to your personal situation.
Valuable Insights into Transformational Leadership and Coaching
Learn how to communicate authentically, create enthusiasm, and bring out the best in others. Develop a plan to coach and mentor people for peak performance.
Personal Leadership Exercise
Work with an executive coach to address a leadership challenge that you are currently facing in your workplace.
Queen's offers several ways to continue your learning after the Program, including: repeating the 360-Degree Feedback process; following up with your executive coach; alumni events and networking opportunities; and updates on the Program and material.
The concepts and tools taught in the program will greatly enhance your leadership skills
- Learn the personal and organizational skills you need to be an effective leader
- Gain a better understanding of your leadership capabilities
- Learn how to apply the principles of transformational leadership
- Expand your coaching, team leadership, and project management skills
- Exchange ideas and experiences with Queen's faculty and fellow participants
- Build better relationships within and outside your organization
- Return to work with proven tools to achieve lasting change in the way teams work together
- Learn how to lead a healthy and balanced life through the Program's optional Lifestyle Component
Enhancing your leadership skills will have a significant impact across your organization
- Achieve your strategic goals with stronger, more committed teams
- Help the people you work with perform at their peak
- Create an atmosphere of trust, mutual support and open communication
- Develop a high-performance culture in your organization
- Benchmark against the best leadership practices of the world's most successful companies
- Build high-performance expectations into everyday management practices
The program leverages the educational power of multiple teaching tools, including class discussions, exchange of ideas and perspectives with faculty and fellow participants, one-on-one coaching, exercises, and the development of a self-directed action plan for improving personal effectiveness.
UNDERSTAND YOUR LEADERSHIP CAPABILITIES
Using the 360-Degree Feedback instrument and working with your executive coach:
- Assess your leadership style and strengths
- Understand how you are perceived by others
- Define your core beliefs and understand how they influence you as a leader
- Identify barriers to effective leadership
- Understand how the Program content relates to your personal circumstance
ANALYZE AND REFLECT ON YOUR LEADERSHIP STYLE
- Reflect on your leadership strengths and areas for development
- Identify aspects of your leadership style that could create barriers to your success
- Develop approaches for using your influence more positively and effectively
During a series of situational exercises that mirror the workplace, you will learn to:
- Diagnose and address problems that undermine individual and team effectiveness
- Enhance your communication skills
- Build insight and self-understanding through structured feedback in team meetings and problem sets
PERSONAL LEADERSHIP EXERCISE
Work with an executive coach to prepare a plan to address a leadership challenge you are currently facing.
Through a series of class discussions, you will learn to:
- Communicate a vision clearly and authentically
- Inspire, create enthusiasm, and bring out the best in others
- Coach and mentor people for peak performance
- Address behaviour and performance issues effectively and with confidence
ENHANCE YOUR LEADERSHIP SKILLS
Through a series of situational exercises:
- Practice giving and receiving feedback
- Enhance your decision-making and problem-solving skills
- Develop your coaching skills by working with fellow participants in the program
- Develop an ability to handle leadership dilemmas with integrity
- Learn how to bring out the best in others
Your executive coach will help you to prepare an effective strategy for developing your leadership capabilities and avoiding past mistakes.
Develop and commit to an action plan for making positive change in your leadership behaviour
- Set objectives and timelines for your progress
- Build high-performance expectations into your everyday management practices
- Develop a plan to coach and mentor the people around you
- Translate your personal vision into tangible actions on the job
Who should attend
Managers and executives in any functional area of their organization who want to strengthen their leadership skills.