Leadership at the Peak
The Leadership at the Peak program focuses on the fact that it’s different at the top. The Center for Creative Leadership (CCL®) understands that leading an organization is a powerful — and humbling — experience. Top leaders play an enormous role in the success of organizations. And, they need to excel in new ways. The challenges of leadership at the top are far-reaching, complex and essential to get right
What Do Participants Learn?
Top leaders gain a clear view of their impact on the organization and:
- Develop clear action plans for organizational challenges & priorities.
- Clarify organizational vision.
- Explore their leadership effectiveness, within the organization & in comparison to other senior executives.
- Improve external influence skills with boards, shareholders, partners & critical stakeholders.
- Enhance executive image & communication skills.
- Learn to balance & sustain their own energy
What Are the Challenges Addressed?
- Business operations: the heart of all other challenges.
- Strategic issues: setting & realizing vision, direction & goals.
- Managing change: day-to-day & long-term.
- Leading across levels, silos, cultures, backgrounds & interests.
- Talent management: ensuring the current & future talent pipeline.
- Individual impact: understanding & adjusting leadership style
What Will the Program Experience Include?
The program has a 3-phased approach:
PHASE 1: PREPARE
Comprehensive pre-program activities include:
- Web-based assessment surveys, completed by participant, direct reports, peers & superiors.
- Program faculty exchanges to address any questions.
- Preparation of factual questions for
PHASE 2: ENGAGE
For five days, participants are immersed in data, activities and conversation that lead to insight and new skills.
- Highly relevant, research-based content to expand knowledge & address essential challenges.
- Experiential activities to add depth to feedback & key ideas.
- Media interview to assess executive image & presence.
- Health and fitness assessment and daily activities.
- A half-day personal session with CCL executive coach integrating the experience & plan next steps.
- Opportunities to provide connections, ideas & support.
- Digital access to all materials & resources.
PHASE 3: APPLY
Participants apply & sustain their learning by using this ongoing support:
- Two, one-hour phone coaching sessions with their CCL coach.
- An assessment completed 3 months after program to measure skills & behavior progress.
- Optional, fee-based fitness or media and executive presence coaching.
- Optional, fee-based learning & support, such as extended coaching engagements, additional eLearning packages & custom initiatives.
Who should attend
- C-level & senior executives in the top three tiers of the organization.
- More than 15 years of management experience & leadership responsibility for 500+ people.
Admission is by application.