Coursalytics is an independent platform to find, compare, and book executive courses. Coursalytics is not endorsed by, sponsored by, or otherwise affiliated with Columbia Business School.Full disclaimer.
About the course
High Impact Leadership provides a profound understanding of how you are perceived as a leader in the context of your organization. Through a dynamic mix of lectures, discussions, 360-degree feedback, one-on-one coaching, and self-assessment tools, you learn concrete ways to improve your leadership abilities.
At the conclusion of this six-day program, you have an action plan for managing yourself and leading others to improved performance, and are more effective at communicating direction and inspiration that aligns people and objectives.
Through 360-degree feedback, intensive one-on-one coaching, self-assessment tools, and small group work, you develop a realistic path to more effective leadership. You learn how to establish and communicate direction and inspiration that aligns people and objectives.
- Gain greater awareness of your leadership styles, strengths, and weaknesses
- Improve your style of leading and managing
- Strengthen your ability to lead and manage organizational innovation and change
- Develop more effective decision making skills
- Achieve better synergy in groups
- Build your understanding of national culture, organizational culture, and leadership implications
- Learn the art of giving and receiving feedback
Over six days, High Impact Leadership provides an opportunity for participants to explore and understand their leadership capabilities: strengths, weaknesses, and concrete ways to improve.
The curriculum includes readings, lectures, and discussions on a wide range of topics, including the makings of a great leader, emotional intelligence, organizational effectiveness and group dynamics, the value of self awareness and self management, and successful change management.
The program also includes Columbia Business School's 360 Assessment Tool that collects feedback from the participant, their peers, direct reports and supervisors.
Participants emerge from the program with a clear sense of their own leadership style and a concrete direction for becoming a more inspirational, influential leader.
Sample Session Titles:
- Designing Organizations for High Performance and Stakeholder Trust
- Managerial Decision Making
- Managing Change: Exploring Underlying Assumptions
- Understanding Your Change Management Practices
- Leadership Styles
- Dimensions of Culture and Leader/Manager Behavior
- Self-Management and Leadership
Who should attend
High Impact Leadership is designed for upper-level executives with at least 10 years of experience who seek to enhance their leadership skills and management effectiveness within the context of their organization.
Trust the experts
Biography Within the broader field of organizational behavior, Professor Brockner is well known for his work in several areas, including the effects of organizational downsizing on the productivity and morale of the "survivors," the management of organizational change, organizational justice, se...
High Impact Leadership: Overview