Who should attend
This course is designed for managers who aspire to or are recently managing marketing at a strategic level. It is also for anyone who wants to understand the contribution marketing can make to shaping the strategic direction of any organisation; through a better understanding of strategic marketing activities, you will be able to increase your contribution and influence in your organisation.
About the course
Strategic marketing focuses on understanding continuously changing markets to build a competitive advantage; maximising opportunities to develop products and services that deliver both customer value and high profit potential. This course will cover:
- Strategic marketing: define what it is, what it involves and how it relates to and differs from corporate strategy and tactical marketing
- Strategic analysis; develop the market knowledge and insight required to deliver real value to your customers
- Growth strategy; explore opportunities to drive loyalty, the implications of serving multiple markets and the emergence of new market and new product opportunities for sales growth
- Positioning strategy; evaluate brand ideas and positioning propositions to drive differentiation leading to an integrated customer experience
We will review contemporary strategic marketing case studies across sectors and explore the application of effective strategic marketing practice. At the end of the course you will be able to summarise your marketing strategy decisions into a one-page Strategy Statement and decide which key strategic priorities to focus on.
- Develop insights by applying strategic analysis frameworks
- Undertake a market analysis to review the macro environment, the competition, buying patterns and customer segments
- Generate growth strategies including market penetration, market development, new product development and diversification
- Evaluate brand ideas and write positioning statements
- Decide on your key strategic marketing challenges and priorities
- Construct a one-page Strategy Statement including target market, objectives and marketing mix decisions
With a wealth of training experience, Debbie Clewes not only runs a large number of training courses for CIM but is also the Lead Course Director on the Level 6 Diploma for Strategic Marketing and a tutor on the Level 7 Post Graduate qualification and the Level 7 Marketing Leadership Programme wi...
Read more about Digital Transformation
Because of COVID-19, many providers are cancelling or postponing in-person programs or providing online participation options.
We are happy to help you find a suitable online alternative.