Who should attend
This course is especially useful for managers and executives having to prepare a marketing plan for the first time or you may want to review the effectiveness of your current plans against best practice guidelines. Senior managers will also find this workshop invaluable when needing to evaluate the plans submitted to them by marketing specialists.
About the course
Marketing planning allows an organisation to bring together all the elements of marketing, to provide a clear direction and focus based on analysis and insight. This course is designed to help you write better marketing plans by providing a clear framework, taking you step-by-step through the marketing planning process. This is a highly interactive workshop and we will be applying the principles to a case situation throughout the day to help reinforce your learning. You will take away a marketing plan framework in four pages, making application easier back at work.
- Define marketing and the key steps in the marketing planning process
- Undertake a marketing audit including macro, micro and internal analysis to identify your key challenges
- Generate alternative growth strategies for your business
- Understand your customers and develop a segmentation and targeting strategy
- Construct a Strategy Statement including setting SMART objectives, positioning and proposition development
- Review the marketing mix and selecting the appropriate channels for your business
- Identify implementation issues including barriers, scheduling and measurement approaches
- Identify marketing planning challenges for your organisation and develop an action plan to address them
With a wealth of training experience, Debbie Clewes not only runs a large number of training courses for CIM but is also the Lead Course Director on the Level 6 Diploma for Strategic Marketing and a tutor on the Level 7 Post Graduate qualification and the Level 7 Marketing Leadership Programme wi...
Because of COVID-19, many providers are cancelling or postponing in-person programs or providing online participation options.
We are happy to help you find a suitable online alternative.