Marketing Planning Principles
Coursalytics is an independent platform to find, compare, and book executive courses. Coursalytics is not endorsed by, sponsored by, or otherwise affiliated with The Chartered Institute of Marketing.Full disclaimer.
Marketing planning allows an organisation to bring together all the elements of marketing, to provide a clear direction and focus based on analysis and insight. This course is designed to help you write better marketing plans by providing a clear framework, taking you step-by-step through the marketing planning process. This is a highly interactive workshop and we will be applying the principles to a case situation throughout the day to help reinforce your learning. You will take away a marketing plan framework in four pages, making application easier back at work.
- Define marketing and the key steps in the marketing planning process
- Undertake a marketing audit including macro, micro and internal analysis to identify your key challenges
- Generate alternative growth strategies for your business
- Understand your customers and develop a segmentation and targeting strategy
- Construct a Strategy Statement including setting SMART objectives, positioning and proposition development
- Review the marketing mix and selecting the appropriate channels for your business
- Identify implementation issues including barriers, scheduling and measurement approaches
- Identify marketing planning challenges for your organisation and develop an action plan to address them
Who should attend
This course is especially useful for managers and executives having to prepare a marketing plan for the first time or you may want to review the effectiveness of your current plans against best practice guidelines. Senior managers will also find this workshop invaluable when needing to evaluate the plans submitted to them by marketing specialists.