Comprehensive course analysis
Who should attend
The curriculum is recommended to anyone who currently supervises employees or manages team performance:
- Department supervisors in business and government
- Office managers and business administrators
- Team leaders, branch managers and regional supervisors
- Plant and production managers and front-line managers
- HR, organizational training and industrial relations specialists
- Previous participants in supervisory and leadership training programs who want a “next step” program
About the course
An effective supervisor or department leader must be able to get the most productivity out of people.
That’s what this supervisor and leadership training course will help you achieve – productivity gains! This is accomplished using leadership strategies that will engage, challenge and motivate your team members.
In this professional leadership skills for supervisors training for department managers and supervisors, you will learn applied skills to increase staff productivity and engagement and discover how to provide strong direction and constructive feedback that gets results.
Leadership Learning Outcomes
- Improve Your Personal Leadership Style
- Introduce new Coaching Techniques
- Use powerful Goal Setting & Time Management strategies
- Delegate effectively to boost staff productivity
- Learn Conflict Resolution approaches to manage difficult situations
- Provide Professional Performance Feedback to staff
- Understand Management Ethics to advance your career
What You Will Learn
- Seven Applied Leadership Skills you can use every day
- Using new leadership styles: discover your optimal communication style using the Personal Style Inventory Indicator
- Effective team motivation: how to motivate others who have different strengths and personality styles
- Goal setting and time management to effectively set priorities
- New coaching techniques: how to mentor each team member for success
- Handling difficult employees: common warning signs and what to avoid
- Managing four generations of workers: how to manage different age and experience levels to build productivity
- Delegation techniques to set consistent goals for your team
- Morale, productivity and attitude: engaging and training your staff to improve their own performance
- Provide constructive, ethical feedback that will enhance employee performance
Biography An accomplished speaker, seminar leader, strategist and coach, Laura Boyd-Brown, BBA, CAE, CHRL, CPSC, has gained invaluable insights in business with more than 25 years of corporate experience. A graduate in Business from Mount Saint Vincent University (BBA), she holds a Certificate in...
Videos and materials
Read more about Business Communication
Because of COVID-19, many providers are cancelling or postponing in-person programs or providing online participation options.
We are happy to help you find a suitable online alternative.