Effective HRM for Line Managers
Coursalytics is an independent platform to find, compare, and book executive courses. Coursalytics is not endorsed by, sponsored by, or otherwise affiliated with ICTD International Centre for Training and Development.Full disclaimer.
Every business or organization begins and ends with people — and that's where you come in. Today's competitive marketplace requires human resource professionals to have an expanded role in the organization due to increasing importance of social and relationship capital. Your challenge today is to gain and use influence to become a better strategic partner, to determine where the organization is headed, and to get out in front and use the human resources function to help lead the way.
By the end of the one day training course, the participants will have:
- Gain the self-awareness and confidence needed to execute HR leadership responsibilities.
- Identify and manage strengths and developmental needs through constructive feedback from peers and a confidential, one-to-one session with a certified executive Trainer.
- Explore your role as a cultural steward and understand your role in facilitating organizational change.
- Stimulate personal and career growth through self-directed development through a targeted developmental experience with other Human Resource professionals.
- Develop a plan of action to address a complex organizational HR challenge
Participating and Contributing to the HR Management
- Optimizing Global Competitiveness
- Preparing a Leadership Agenda for the Human Resource Function Assuring Talent Management
- Creating a Leadership Brand.
Human Resources Management
- Towards a Modern Definition
- The Main Functions in HR Management
- Competency Based HR Management
- HR Deliverables: A Model for Multiple Roles
- HR as Business Partner
- HR Competencies: Moving from Traditional HR to Strategic HR
Human Resources Strategies
- HRM Introduction and HRM history.
- Strategic role of HRM in the organizations.
- Developing Effective Business Strategy
- Driving Business Strategy through HR.
Linking HR's Strategy with the Organization's
- Approaches for Linking HR with the Organization
- Writing HR Strategies
- HR Visions and Missions
- HR Key Result Areas and Indicators
- Core Competencies for HR Professionals
- Origination Hierarchy and its importance for the HRM.
- Origination Hierarchy establishment principals.
Job Analysis & Job Description
- Job Analysis – Job Designing – Job Description – Candidate's Qualifications – Cost & ROI for Job Analysis.
The Recruitment and Selection Process
- Introductions, program objectives and ways of working
- The key elements, competencies and person specification
- The five types of interview styles
- The principles of conducting a targeted interview
- Review of day one and links to day two
Interviewing in action, exploring the outcome(s)
- Developing rules of evidence for assessment
- Coding example 1: The rules of coding and syndicate exercise
- Interview process, and practice session 1
- Targeted interview practice session 2
- Review of day two and links to day three
Training & Development (Talent Management)
- Training plan establishing and implementation.
- How to design the training budget.
- Establishing the Training models (External – Internal – OJT).
- Design and implement & evaluate the training program.
- How to measure the return on investment on training.
Training Needs Analysis - from Corporate to Individual needs
- Appreciating the relationship between T&D and performance
- Identifying what’s needed at level one - Corporate needs / departmental needs / teams including Team Development Plans (TDP)
Examination of various Validation and Evaluation Techniques
- Delivering improvements using - “SMART” objectives
- Application of the 10 step training model using a case study and group discussions
- Applying Validation Techniques and Methodologies
Compensation and Benefits: Salary Structures
- Definition of a salary structure
- Pay structures - purpose
- Graded pay structures
- Individual job range structures
- Spot rate structures
- Integrated pay structures
Rewarding Individuals and Teams
- Performance related pay
- PRP as a motivator
- Skill and competency based pay
- Team rewards
- The link to organizational performance
The Performance Management System: Managing Performance
- Statistics on People and Performance
- Continuous Reviews and Assessments
- Performance Gaps
- Why Things Go Wrong with Performance
- Common Causes of Poor Performance
- Measuring Performance – Scoring Systems
- Performance Motivators
- Tips for Improving Performance
- Importance of Communication in Performance Management
Conducting Effective Performance Appraisals
- Planning Performance Appraisals
- Preparing for the Appraisal
- Avoiding the "But" Trap
- Objective not Subjective
- Conducting Effective Appraisal Meetings
- Common Appraisal Errors
- Roles of Employees and Managers
Employee Relations (ER)
- Defining the ER Function
- Main Duties and Responsibilities of ER Officers
Techniques for engaging employees
- Informal participative decision-making programs
- Job enrichment, Continuous improvement, and Self-managed work teams.
- Informal and formal consultation processes
- The establishments of charters with employees
- The Definition of a Grievance
- Grievances versus Complaints versus Whining
- The Grievance Handling Procedures: Recommended Steps
- Grievance Rate and Grievance Resolution Rate
- The Main KPIs for Measuring your Grievance Resolution Ratio
Introduction to Ethics in the Workplace
- Understand why Business Ethics is an important topic
- Learn what the definition of Business Ethics is
- Recognize the impact of unethical behavior in the workplace
- Review and acknowledge the company's Code of Ethics
- Discuss the importance of thinking before acting
Developing an Effective Ethics Program
- How to embed ethical standards into the day to day working of an organization
- The governance of ethics programs
- The limitations of a code of ethics
- The key content and possible formats for a code
- The essential elements of an effective corporate ethics program.
Proactive Talent Management
- Six HR Conditions for Organizational Success
- Defining Proactive Talent Management
- The Foundations of Talent Management
- Talent Management is Different from Succession Planning and Management
Development of Human Resources Policies
- Basic Guidelines for Developing Human Resources Policies
- The Development Process
- Policy Contents and Exclusions
Development of Human Resources Procedures
- Main Considerations in Developing HR Procedures? Including the Development Process
- Develop HR Procedures? Practical
- The Uses and Design of Forms
A variety of methodologies will be used during the course that includes:
- (30%) Based on Case Studies
- (30%) Techniques
- (30%) Role Play
- (10%) Concepts
- Pre-test and Post-test
- Variety of Learning Methods
- Case Studies and Self Questionaires
- Group Work
Who should attend
Experienced human resource professionals and executives interested in improving their individual leadership performance