Who should attend
Enhancing Leadership Skills with Effective Interpersonal Interaction will benefit any person who desires to develop more productive communication and human interaction skills, communicate better with others and understand why others communicate and interact differently.
Professionals, leaders, team members or those responsible for others in organizations will benefit.
This training is designed for any person who desires to learn how they interact with others, why others may interact differently and how these differences can be used to develop more productive environments.
About the course
Success in business and social environments is largely dependent on the effectiveness of our interactions and communication with other people. Successful leaders are those who possess powerful communication skills and an understanding of the differences in the way people interact.
Effective human interaction and understanding others’ communications are essential for career success and personal achievement and vital in today’s fast-paced, technological-oriented organizations. Developing and using good interpersonal interaction skills often leads to promotions, productive work and work environments, positive relationships with colleagues, bosses and clients and demonstrates organizational and personal leadership.
Establishing and maintaining productive communication with people is a challenging, every-day part of a job and a person’s life. It also proves to be beneficial to understand how diversity in types makes for more effective work and social relationships.
Enhancing Leadership Skills with Effective Interpersonal Interaction helps participants understand the need for effective human interaction and communication identifies techniques to assist and offers opportunities to develop good practices which enhance leadership in diverse environments and a personal work team.
The course identifies techniques to improve one’s interpersonal interaction skills in listening, writing, presenting and communication in verbal and non-verbal patterns. It also uses personal development concepts to assess and identify interpersonal interaction styles as reflected by the Myers-Briggs Type Indicator (MBTI), a useful tool to understand diverse interpersonal concepts that lead to mutual respect and trust between people.
This course will allow the participants to identify, to understand and then to practice techniques to create more productive work groups and work group members. Participants have an opportunity in this seminar to learn, understand and practice techniques that make interpersonal interactions more efficient and effective, therefore increasing understanding of others.
By the end of this training you will be able to:
- Understand that communication is vital to successful, productive work groups
- Learn and understand one’s personal communication style and the effect it has on relationships within a work group
- Learn a person’s strengths and challenges according to their communication type
- Identify and understand communication styles of colleagues and others in the workplace
- Recognize the need and value of communication style diversity among members of a work group
- Learn techniques to assist in communication problem resolution
- Identify the characteristics of effective communication between colleagues in work groups
- Learn techniques to assess communication styles of people
- Identify communication strategies to build more productive communications
- Learn how to create rapport, build trust and establish credibility in a work group
Introduction to Human Interaction and Communication
- Goals and Objectives of the seminar
- Importance of interpersonal interaction and communication styles
- Interpersonal communication is two-way
- Interpersonal interaction preferences differ
- Communication is listening
- Importance and techniques of active listening
Assessing and Identifying Interpersonal Styles
- Identification of interpersonal communication methods
- Interpersonal interaction diversity factors
- Effective listening leads to sensitivity and trust
- Successful interpersonal interaction develops trust
- Characteristics of interpersonal interaction
- Identification of the personal interaction style
What is My Real Interpersonal Interaction Style?
- Individual strengths and challenges of each interaction style
- Best-Fit interaction types for each person
- Dominant, auxiliary and tertiary functions
- Identifying interpersonal communication team types
- Team strengths and challenges in interpersonal interactions
- How we work best with others’ types
Interpersonal Interaction at Work in Teams
- Understanding how teams work better using varied interaction types
- Understanding interpersonal team dynamics
- Developing self-awareness of team members’ strengths and weaknesses
- Communication and interaction openness develops trust
- Understanding another’s type of interaction takes active listening
- Building and maintaining trust is vital for success
Putting the Knowledge of Interpersonal Interaction into Action
- Identifying how to assist others in understanding interaction types
- Communication information in our work groups
- Techniques to identify and work with style differences
- Enablers and barriers to effective interaction
- Synthesis and integration of interpersonal interaction and communication topics
- Next opportunities
- Course review, summary and feedback
A variety of methodologies will be used during the course that includes:
- (30%) Based on Case Studies
- (30%) Techniques
- (30%) Role Play
- (10%) Concepts
- Pre-test and Post-test
- Variety of Learning Methods
- Case Studies and Self Questionaires
- Group Work
Videos and materials
Read more about Business Communication
Because of COVID-19, many providers are cancelling or postponing in-person programs or providing online participation options.
We are happy to help you find a suitable online alternative.