Make sure this course is right for you.
Get unbiased reviews and personalized recommendations.
Who should attend
The course is designed for any procurement professional who desires to learn practical leadership techniques that will assist them in setting personal and team leadership priorities and develop effective leadership skills. The course is particularly appropriate for those who are responsible for managing procurement activities, those procurement professionals who want to learn some skills to have greater success in their work or those who are experiencing change in their organization.
About the course
A diverse group of people work in various types of procurement positions and with a variety of organizations and companies. These professionals need the opportunity to learn, understand and develop leadership knowledge and skills to enhance both personal and organizational performance. Procurement departments and their employees need these skills to allow for greater alignment with the organization’s vision, mission and goals. Procurement professional need to function effectively within the realm of the larger organization, so it is essential they have leadership skill and ability to lead their teams. In order to achieve a level of best practice in leadership, an understanding of the role of their position as it applies to their industry, their organization and their team is a key for leadership development.
## Course Objectives
This course is designed to identify and equip participants with techniques and ability to perform their duties using some of the current best practices in procurement. This course is an opportunity to develop leadership skills that will assist in working better together, learning to handle conflict situations, implementing time management techniques and understanding the need to have an attitude that is accepting of change. The course is structured to work in partnership with a more technical procurement course, but is also appropriate as a separate leadership module for procurement professionals.
Session 1 – The Changing World of Procurement Professionals
- Challenges facing today’s procurement workforce
- Reasons and conditions for increasing the focus on leadership in procurement
- How changes in our lives may exist relative to these challenges
- Different approaches to work and the types of work in procurement departments
Session 2 – Strategic Leadership in Procurement Departments
- Strategic leadership tools for procurement professionals in today’s organizations
- Conditions in procurement disciplines that require strategic leadership
- The role of leadership in today’s successful procurement disciplines
- Understanding the role of strategic leadership in delivering procurement initiatives
- How strategic leadership skills change with organizational types
- Delivering strategic using leadership empowerment
Session 3 – Communication as a Key Leadership Technique
- Communication techniques of verbal, non-verbal and written
- Methods of communication and interaction openness develops trust
- Understanding another’s type of interaction takes active listening
- Importance and techniques of active listening
- Building and maintaining trust is vital for success
Session 4 – Leadership Develop Positive Interpersonal Interactions
- Identification of interpersonal interaction methods
- Effective listening leads to sensitivity and trust
- Successful interpersonal interaction develops trust
- Identification of the personal interaction style
- Individual strengths and challenges of each interaction style
- How we work best with diverse styles
Session 5 – Dealing with Stress, Conflict and Change in Procurement
- What is stress and how can we deal with it better
- Typical stressors in procurement roles
- Recognizing stress and physical reactions to stress
- Techniques to identify and resolve personal conflict
- Recognizing response to and perceptions of change
- Analyzing and preparing for the human reaction to change
A variety of methodologies will be used during the course that includes:
- (30%) Based on Case Studies
- (30%) Techniques
- (30%) Role Play
- (10%) Concepts
- Pre-test and Post-test
- Variety of Learning Methods
- Case Studies and Self Questionaires
- Group Work
Videos and materials
Because of COVID-19, many providers are cancelling or postponing in-person programs or providing online participation options.
We are happy to help you find a suitable online alternative.