Who should attend
This course is essential for supervisors, managers, sales executives, secretarial staff, customer service staff, telephone operators, and all who have to deal with different personalities and difficult situations in the workplace - whether with customers, or colleagues.
About the course
Assertiveness is a communication skill in much the same way that 'negotiating', 'delegating', and other identifiable business skills are. It is a communication skill that enables people to be more confident and develop the appropriate interpersonal skills for dealing with people. The course teaches you how to say the right thing at the right time - especially when interacting with aggressive or difficult people. Assertiveness increases the chance of success in any human transaction.
- To increase self-esteem and confidence when dealing with difficult situations
- To be able to identify your own behavioural style and that of others
- To learn the difference between aggressive, passive, and assertive behaviours
- To learn a variety of assertiveness techniques
- To improve communication skills and interpersonal skills
- To have the opportunity to practice new behaviours in a safe and supportive environment
What Is 'Assertiveness'?
- What It Is Not
- Why We Need It
- First Impressions
- Body Language
- Verbal Communication
- Listening Skills
- Assertiveness In Communication
- How To Be Assertive
- Positive Inner Dialogue
- The 'Broken Record' Technique
- Discrepancy Assertion > > Negative Feelings Assertion
- Saying "No" Constructively The D.E.S.C. Script (Describe, Explain, Say, Commitment)
- 'Win : Win'
Choosing Different Techniques to Handle Difficult Situations Role Plays
A variety of methodologies will be used during the course that includes:
- (30%) Based on Case Studies
- (30%) Techniques
- (30%) Role Play
- (10%) Concepts
- Pre-test and Post-test
- Variety of Learning Methods
- Case Studies and Self Questionaires
- Group Work
Videos and materials
Read more about Negotiations
Because of COVID-19, many providers are cancelling or postponing in-person programs or providing online participation options.
We are happy to help you find a suitable online alternative.