Who should attend
The workshop is designed for those who want to strengthen stakeholder engagement and relationships. For example:
- Business Analysts and Subject Matter Experts
- Project/Program Managers and Team Leads
- General or Operational Managers
- Key Stakeholders
About the course
Creating Inseparable Partnerships
A key success factor in any business enterprise is managing stakeholders’ needs and expectations. In this workshop, you will learn how to identify the right stakeholders, obtain their buy-in, align their requirements to organizational objectives, and manage their expectations. You will also learn to determine when and where to engage them, the optimum level of effort to allocate to each stakeholder, and other critical skills for continuous stakeholder engagement.
This course is aligned to the Project Management Institute’s (PMI®) standards.
What you will learn
- Ensure crystal clear understanding with stakeholders of their role
- Communicate with stakeholders to uncover their needs, expectations and motivation
- Identify stakeholder barriers before they occur
- Define a stakeholder engagement strategy
- Plan, execute and refine a stakeholder management plan
- Generate cooperation, collaboration and consensus with stakeholders
- Use a structured process to balance stakeholder’s conflicting needs
- Apply proven techniques to effectively and continuously engage and influence key stakeholders
- Stakeholder management framework: stakeholder characteristics, key understandings to share, identifying the right stakeholders
- Planning stakeholder management: creating the stakeholder engagement strategy, assessing and categorizing stakeholders, discovering their motivations, defining their roles and responsibilities, creating the stakeholder management plan
- Managing and controlling stakeholder engagement: when and how to maintain stakeholder engagement throughout the project or business endeavour, executing and refining the stakeholder management plan, developing a stakeholder dual action plan, dealing with conflicts and difficult stakeholders
This hands-on workshop includes simulated exercises to help you develop stakeholder management tools and techniques you can immediately apply back at work.
As part of the workshop, you will receive 13 PMI® Professional Development Units (PDUs).
Denise is the founder and Managing Partner of Collaborators In Knowledge Inc. She brings more than 40 years of practical experience in managing, auditing and rescuing multi-million dollar projects. She has also trained thousands of students from the private and public sectors in the best practice...
Videos and materials
Because of COVID-19, many providers are cancelling or postponing in-person programs or providing online participation options.
We are happy to help you find a suitable online alternative.