Make sure this course is right for you.
Get unbiased reviews and personalized recommendations.
Who should attend
All professionals working in the oil & gas industry with a desire for a big picture view:
- All Leaders and Professionals
- Management Professionals
- Team Leaders
- Project Managers
- Financial and Non-Financial Experts
About the course
This highly-interactive Oxford seminar will help offer delegates an overview of the global oil and gas industry and the challenges of developing strategies in such a complex and dynamic global industry.
Reviewing the development of the industry right up to the present day, will enable delegates to place their own roles and contributions to their organisations into a wider context.
The Oxford seminar will examine the tools and techniques needed for strategy development. The links between strategic, operational and business planning will be explained, as will the importance of engaging with the workforce in order to implement strategic plans and deliver required outcomes.
Specifically, you will learn:
- How the industry is changing and the geo-political implications
- Differences in outlook of oil, gas, LNG and petrochemicals
- Tools and techniques in strategic analysis
- The challenge and importance of strategic alignment
- The need for clarity at all levels: from strategy to personal objectives
- How plans do not survive ‘contact with the enemy’ so processes must support agility
- The factors which will influence global supply and demand
- How uncertainty affects investment decisions
- Gain an Overview of the Oil & Gas Industry
- Review Developments in Upstream & Downstream Business
- Understand the Changing Balance in OPEC and non-OPEC activities
- Gain Skills in Strategic Analysis
- Learn how Decisions impact on choice of Strategic Options
- Discover how Managers deal with Challenges of Conflicting needs from Top and Bottom of the Organisation
- Understand the Importance of Strategic Alignment
- Recognise the need for Information Systems that provide Real-Time, Accurate Data
- Understand the Importance of having the Right People as Members of the Strategic Planning Team
- Recognise that Performance varies from Plans and how to deal with Change
- Learn how to Manage Stakeholders Expectations
Because of COVID-19, many providers are cancelling or postponing in-person programs or providing online participation options.
We are happy to help you find a suitable online alternative.