Coursalytics is an independent platform to find, compare, and book executive courses. Coursalytics is not endorsed by, sponsored by, or otherwise affiliated with ICTD International Centre for Training and Development.Full disclaimer.
Facilitation skills that you can adopt in your organization to deliver endless results.
When you have completed this module you will be able to define the key concepts associated with leadership and you will be able to:
- Identify the main obstacles to effective leadership in the organization
- Understand the nature of leadership – both formal and lateral
- Understand a range of leadership skills
- Use the skills and processes presented techniques to improve the quality of leadership
- Explain the benefits of having effective leadership in the organization.
## Course Objectives
By the end of this workshop, you should be able to:
- Understanding your role as manager and leader
- Establishing clear objectives and standards of performance for your team
- Managing your workload using effective prioritization and delegation techniques
- Maximizing your influencing skills
- Building an effective team
- Developing and leveraging the capabilities of team members
Lesson 1: Understanding Your Role
- Leader or manager?
- Beyond the job description: finding out what your organization requires of you
- Balancing conflicting stakeholder demands
- Understanding the nature of change
- A model for implementing change
Lesson 2: Personal Effectiveness, Time Management and Delegation
- Understanding yourself and your organizational environment
- Outcome orientation
- Setting personal and team objectives
- Managing performance
- Finding and using time effectively
- A model for effective delegation
Lesson 3: Communication, Influence & Conflict Management
- Channels of communication
- Effective listening skills
- Emotions and rapport
- Persuasion and negotiation: the keys to personal influence
- Managing conflict assertively
Lesson 4: Team Building, People Management and Motivation
- How high-performing teams work?
- Identifying team roles
- Teams in practice: teambuilding exercise
- Motivation and reward
- Building and sharing a vision
- Different approaches to leadership
## Course Methodology
Based on case studies (30%); Techniques (30%); Concepts (10%) and Role Play (30%)
- Pre-test and Pro-test
- Variety of Learning Methods
- Case Studies and Self Questionaires
Who should attend
Managers, supervisors, and team leaders who are responsible for building and maintaining effective teams in the workplace.