Who should attend
This program is designed specifically for those who are new to team First-Line Management, leadership and management, or who have recently been promoted to a higher level or a bigger team. It will also help anyone who wishes to refresh and develop their team leadership and management skills.
- First-Line Management
- Team leaders (new and experienced)
- Technical staff making the transition to management
- Supervisors who wish to increase their effectiveness
- Team leaders interested in further management development
- Managers who wish to evaluate and improve their performance
About the course
As people progress in their career and are promoted they soon realize that new skills are required to manage other people and to lead teams effectively.
This program will provide a framework to understand the key drivers of leadership and management success and a toolbox of essential team leadership and management skills.
- The key team leadership and management skills, and when to use them
- How to motivate and coach teams to higher performance
- Understand the difference between managing and leading
- Explore the main drivers of leadership and management success
- Understand the key leadership and management skills, including:
- goal-setting and motivation
- impact and influence
- customer service
- emotional intelligence
- time management
- listening, feedback, appraisal and learning
- managing conflict and challenge
- performance management
- reporting up (how to manage your boss)
- profit and loss
- coaching for performance
- change and transition
- personal development
A variety of methodologies will be used during the course that includes:
- (30%) Based on Case Studies
- (30%) Techniques
- (30%) Role Play
- (10%) Concepts
- Pre-test and Post-test
- Variety of Learning Methods
- Case Studies and Self Questionaires
- Group Work
Videos and materials
Because of COVID-19, many providers are cancelling or postponing in-person programs or providing online participation options.
We are happy to help you find a suitable online alternative.