Effective Management and Leadership Styles
Coursalytics is an independent platform to find, compare, and book executive courses. Coursalytics is not endorsed by, sponsored by, or otherwise affiliated with ICTD International Centre for Training and Development.Full disclaimer.
Are you aware of the impact your management leadership style has on others? Is it the most appropriate for enabling others to perform and achieve results? This training will provide delegates with a range of management leadership styles and the ability to judge when best to use each.
## Course Objectives
- Identify your current preferred management and leadership style.
- Choose the most appropriate management or leadership style for any given situation.
- Understand the impact of different styles on others.
- Increase your ability to motivate others.
Defining your role
- Defining and differentiating between management and leadership
- Understanding the skills and qualities required of professionals and leaders in the 21st century
- Identifying what your organization needs, wants and expects of you
- Meeting the demands of both your manager and your team
Developing an Effective Management Style
- Reviewing your role, how do others see you?
- Projecting a professional and credible image
- Leading by example, being a role model
- Identifying your strengths and weaknesses
Different Management and Leadership Styles
- Hands on or hands off? (advantages and disadvantages)
- Leading, from the front and from a distance
- Empowering, letting others lead
- Consultative, supporting and directing others
- Motivating, leading positive thinking
- Challenging, leading new thinking
Adapting Your Style
- Understanding the individual and team needs
- Adapting to the situation and different individuals
- Persuading and influencing others by using the most appropriate style
- Reading the signs, understanding the impact of your style on others
- Developing an effective leadership style
- Practical solutions immediately transferable to the workplace
- Creating a personal action plan
A variety of methodologies will be used during the course that includes:
- (30%) Based on Case Studies
- (30%) Techniques
- (30%) Role Play
- (10%) Concepts
- Pre-test and Post-test
- Variety of Learning Methods
- Case Studies and Self Questionaires
- Group Work
Who should attend
Middle professionals looking to enhance their understanding of the range of management and leadership styles so that they can build teams and improve individual effectiveness