Make sure this course is right for you.
Get unbiased reviews and personalized recommendations.
Who should attend
This program is intended for project professionals, team leaders and team members who are engaged in project work from simple to complex. Because of the universality of the principles and techniques covered, the program will also be of value to anyone managing or involved in projects regardless of their professional background or industry they operate within.
About the course
Projects are delivered by people and their attitudes and soft skills can make a massive difference to the success of project. The major difference between a project manager, and a ‘Master’ project manager lies in the ability to understand that successful Project Management is about 20% Hard Skills and about 80% Soft Skills. It goes without saying that ‘what’ you do as a project manager is important, but ‘how’ you do it is absolutely critical.
Project management is an art and your success in mastering this art is dependent upon your ability to swiftly navigate the project challenges of working with others.
This program demonstrates the practice of project management soft skills. It provides a range of soft skills tools and techniques that project managers can use to reduce people-related risks and overcome interpersonal hurdles. The program presents a number of ‘critical’ habits related to how you manage projects through, and with, people. Issues such as time management, personality types, how to understand and develop your team members, developing your leadership skills, conflict management, negotiation skills, building and motivating your team are comprehensively covered.
Upon successful completion of this course, the delegates will be able to know:
- What makes a person a ‘Master’ of Project Management
- The 8 Habits of ‘Master’ Project Managers
- The importance of knowing your outcome before you start a project
- The importance of planning and how to manage the Planning Process
- The importance of gaining commitment
- The importance of and how to take massive action
- How to keep the team focused on the delivery goal
- How to set up and operate disciplines required to monitor and control projects
- How to ensure that the Project Team are working on the project not just because they have to but because they want to
- Preparing and executing a project plan
- Identifying and analyzing project risk
- Selecting and leading project teams
- Determining project health
- Personal effectiveness
- Ability to influence and persuade
- Effective personal time utilization
- Responding to project change
This program examines a wide range of soft skills necessary for mastering the art of project management. It helps participants to develop a more effective approach to interacting with project stakeholders in a way that is driven by realizing outcomes.
This program has been designed for project managers who aspire to master their inter-personal skills in the context of managing projects in the best way possible to meet project objectives. The organization will benefit by having its project managers’ personal effectiveness tuned towards producing project outcomes. Mastering project management soft skills is a key to achieve project goals and enhance performance.
Introduction to Projects
- What is a project?
- Benefits of project management
- Why some projects fail?
- What makes you a ‘Master’ of project management
- Project team and leadership
- What is the team approach
- Roles in and around projects
- The 8 habits of ‘Master’ project manager
Identify Your Outcomes and Plan for Achievement
- The importance of knowing your outcomes
- Project planning
- Handling uncertainty
- Decision analysis under risk
- Your own risk profile
- Defining project success criteria
- Planning issues
- Elements of a great project plan
Organize for Success and Gain & Maintain Commitment
- Personal attitudes and human behaviors
- Gaining and maintaining commitment
- The keys to effective influence and persuasion
- Understanding interpersonal project team dynamics
- The project board
- The project support office
- Effective delegation
Take Massive Action and Stay Focused
- Action vs. Achievements
- Influences on decision making
- Problem solving styles
- Engaging the project team
- Staying focused
- Avoiding distractions
- Effective time utilization
- Plan updating and changes handling
Monitor and Control Achievements
- Data, information and knowledge management
- Integrating project scope, time and cost
- Performance measures and indicators to monitor performance
- Achieving practical conflict management
- Determinants of project success
- Lessons learned and creating learning culture
A variety of methodologies will be used during the course that includes:
- (30%) Based on Case Studies
- (30%) Techniques
- (30%) Role Play
- (10%) Concepts
- Pre-test and Post-test
- Variety of Learning Methods
- Case Studies and Self Questionaires
- Group Work
Videos and materials
Because of COVID-19, many providers are cancelling or postponing in-person programs or providing online participation options.
We are happy to help you find a suitable online alternative.