Digital Marketing Strategy: Customers, Planning, and ROI
Coursalytics is an independent platform to find, compare, and book executive courses. Coursalytics is not endorsed by, sponsored by, or otherwise affiliated with Columbia Business School.Full disclaimer.
The rise of digital technologies has transformed the marketing paradigm. Marketers today face a constant proliferation of social media channels, the growing power of the connected customer, and an explosion of new digital tools.
To succeed, marketers must be able to plan, implement, and measure the impact of digital strategies that are suited to today's customers and integrated with their traditional marketing and business goals.
The three-day program Digital Marketing Strategy focuses on how marketers can reach digitally savvy audiences, build deep customer relationships, and influence the digital path to purchase. Case studies will illustrate best practices from across b2b and b2c industries. Participants will leave with the frameworks and planning tools to lead new initiatives in their own companies.
The course will provide executives with the case studies, best practices, and tools for digital marketing that meets the needs of today's organizations. Participants will learn to think strategically and achieve a variety of marketing goals, such as customer acquisition and loyalty, brand building, market entry, customer insight, and new product innovation using digital marketing.
Summary of Benefits:
- Evaluate the key technologies and digital tools available for marketing
- Understand your customers’ digital path to purchase
- Leverage social media for customer acquisition and retention
- Produce and curate relevant content to build customer relationships
- Understand how to use mobile and customized media to target customers more effectively
- Create strategies to collaborate with customers to drive innovation and insights
- Know how to integrate digital marketing with your offline strategies and traditional media
- Learn how to develop analytics to measure the impact and ROI of digital marketing
- Understand how to manage brand risk and set guidelines and expectations for online conversations
- Be able to determine the skill sets required for your own digital initiatives
Digital Marketing Strategy combines a mix of dynamic lectures, interactive discussion, and group work in small teams. Sessions will focus on strategic concepts, frameworks, and case studies of digital marketing. Executives will apply the tools of the course to several real-world business challenges, as well as to their own organizations. Numerous case studies of successful companies will be examined from diverse industries – including b2b, healthcare, financial services, consumer goods, automotive, hospitality, media, technology, and business services.
Sample Session Titles
- From Mass Marketing to Customer Networks: Re-Thinking the Marketing Funnel
- Access Strategy: Mobile, Local, in the Cloud, and On-Demand
- Engage Strategy: Creating and Curating Content as a Marketing Tool
- Connect Strategy: Mining Social Media Conversations for Insights and Influence
- Collaborate Strategy: Contests, Contribution, Crowd Funding, and Open Platforms
- Best Practices for Brands on Social Networks: Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn, Google+, and More
- Making Digital Matter: Metrics, ROI, and Agile Modeling
- The Digital Advertising Mix: Search, Display, E-mail, Video – Using Each and Measuring Impact
- Lessons from Brand Failures in Digital Marketing
- Emerging Technologies: What's New on the Horizon and the Opportunities for Marketers
- A Five-Step Process for Planning and Executing Digital Marketing Strategies
Who should attend
Digital Marketing Strategy is designed for mid- and upper-level executives responsible for developing and implementing marketing strategy in b2b and b2c companies. It also is well suited for executives who develop or lead digital marketing for client companies.