Comprehensive course analysis
Who should attend
You are a senior or mid-level marketer, digital native or business leader, who seeks to understand how marketing is being reshaped in the digital world and how to leverage the latest digital trends to leapfrog competitors.
About the course
- Discover how digitalization transforms the marketing landscape
- Explore pathways for recreating customer value
- Become familiar with outside-in marketing activities to gain customer insights
- Explore inside-out marketing activities to educate and engage customers
- Learn the basics of customer centricity
- Develop a digital marketing strategy for your business
Recreate customer value through digital
In a world of increased digitization and rapidly evolving consumer behavior, few business functions have been as profoundly disrupted as marketing. Beyond tactical adjustments, what are the broader strategic implications of digital on marketing? How do you seize the opportunities arising from digital to rethink your marketing strategy and change the competitive game?
This online program offers a strategic view on how to rethink marketing and value creation through the lens of digital. You will explore several pathways to redefine the value you bring to customers by transforming products, markets, and the customer experience. You will reflect on how customer centricity applies to your own context and will expand your view on how to gain customer insights and educate and engage your target audience.
At the end of the program, you will be equipped with the insights and skills to generate a digital marketing strategy that enables you to leapfrog competitors and redefine customer value.
Your Learning Journey
During this eight-week journey, you will gain a comprehensive view of how digital is transforming marketing and creating new ways of delivering value for customers. You will explore five pathways focused on leveraging digital to create value propositions and change the competitive game.
The program provides practical and concrete ideas, insights and learnings that you can apply to your own context and organization. Supported by your professional learning coach, you will map out where you are in the marketing journey and create a plan for how your company can transform customer value.
Unit 1: Marketing transformation through digital
- Familiarize yourself with the main concept of the “Digital House” and the associated “Driveway” introduced in the program
- Learn about the five pathways for creating value that the Digital House consists of
- Differentiate between the mandatory foundation and the four optional pathways
Unit 2: Reshaping customer journeys
- Map the customer journey that your company offers to its customers
- Explore various ways of engaging with your customers during different parts of the journey
- Identify gaps and drop-off points and create a memorable moment to offer to customers
Unit 3: Building digital products and partnerships
- Explore how to use digital to transform customer value through products and partnerships
- Explore two ways to integrate products from multiple ecosystem partners
- Apply the concept of the “next best alternative”
Unit 4: Transforming market access
- Identify the critical success factors for building communities and platforms
- Assess any market segments that you can identify, reach and serve better
- Be aware of mistakes that companies make when attempting to reach niche segments and create ecosystems
Unit 5: The basics of content marketing
- Use the three digitally enabled methods to generate unique insights on customer needs
- Identify the seven channels for generating customer insights
- Apply the seven channels for generating customer insights to your context
Unit 6: Gaining and leveraging customer insights
- Apply the two segmentation methods to your own context and segment your customer base
- Explore areas in your context where the application of AI and analytics can transform the way you segment your customers
- Recognize the five steps of the segmentation process
Unit 7: New approaches to segmentation
- Map the different phases of your customer journey and identify content that you can assign at different parts of the journey
- Identify drop-off points in your customers’ journey and explore how you can link content to each point
Unit 8: Customer centricity
- Acquire tools to assess what it means to be customer-centric and how to define it
- Explore the most applicable approach for your organization to becoming customer-centric
- Understand the concept of “job to be done”
Goutam Challagalla is Professor of Marketing and Strategy at IMD. He previously served as Area Coordinator of Marketing, Associate Dean for Executive Education, and marketing area PhD coordinator at Georgia Tech in Atlanta for 21 years. Professor Challagalla also worked as Principal at The Monito...
Videos and materials
Read more about Information Technology
Because of COVID-19, many providers are cancelling or postponing in-person programs or providing online participation options.
We are happy to help you find a suitable online alternative.