Comprehensive course analysis
Who should attend
This programme is designed for senior executives responsible for steering the future direction of their organisation.
- Entrepreneurs, senior executives and functional managers responsible for strategy.
- Business professionals working in strategy teams, including consultants and analysts.
- 10 years management experience on average
About the course
In a competitive and unpredictable world, discover how to become a master strategist who creates and captures value.
Get the tools, break the rules and make a difference
Unlock value for your organisation, and create competitive advantage by bridging the gap between strategy and innovation.
Benefits for you
- Get feedback from your peers on a strategic challenge that your organisation is currently facing.
- Use market challenges and opportunities to surmount your organisation’s biggest barriers to success.
- Identify your own personal strategic challenge and use the diverse experience of your peers to help solve it.
- Master the strategic skills to identify, create, retain and renew sources of competitive advantage.
- Implement a new range of strategy tools and frameworks and have a real impact back at work.
- Identify the key capabilities and skills needed to deliver strategic objectives.
- Benefit from our diverse learning environment to broaden your understanding of different strategic approaches.
- The Programme Team creates an environment where you work alongside experienced professionals from diverse backgrounds to tackle your own strategic challenge.
Benefits for your organisation
Gain a manager who can:
- Generate practical solutions to strategic challenges, and create sustainable competitive advantage for the future.
- Deepen your organisation’s skill set in business strategy, and understand the drivers behind competitive advantage.
- Give you tools and frameworks to create your own action plan based on knowledge you gain from our range of expert faculty and your peer group.
What you learn
- Get the tools What makes a good strategy? Use frameworks and tools to analyse situations and decisions. Define your own strategy and explore how to communicate it to those who implement it.
- Break the rules Know the common obstacles organisations face when trying to improve strategy and how to avoid them. Take your strategy further by breaking the traditional rules and exploring innovative ways to address your business challenge.
- Make a difference Examine how to take strategy further by innovating and maintaining advantage in a rapidly shifting environment. Rethink your value propositions, identify unmet customer needs, and restructure business models to add value.
How you learn
- Discuss a broad range of strategic topics around enabling creativity; analysing reality; creating value; managing complexity; and capturing value-empowering you to make better strategic decisions during active plenary sessions.
- Work in small groups to apply the frameworks and identify the issues surrounding your business challenge using your new skills to build a bespoke action plan you can implement back at work.
- Examine real-life organisations drawn from case studies and intimate knowledge from faculty professional expertise.
- Build skills and confidence in applying strategy in pressured environments.
Your learning experience
- Work with faculty throughout your learning journey to tackle a strategic challenge your business is facing.
- Learn from influential academics with real-world experience.
- Benefit from the diversity of the other experienced professionals and build valuable relationships.
Repeatedly ranked among the world’s top 50 business thinkers by the Thinkers50, Professor Costas Markides is recognised as one of the world’s foremost experts on strategy and innovation. An internationally acclaimed teacher and conference speaker, Professor Markides has researched the topics of s...
Adjunct Professor of Strategy and Entrepreneurship PhD (MIT) Yiorgos Mylonadis is a Strategy expert who lectures extensively on competitive strategy, methodologies for strategic thinking, technological evolution, strategic management in a sustainable society, organisational learning, entreprene...
Dr Donal Crilly’s research interests include stakeholder theory, managerial cognition, and intertemporal choice. His work has been published in journals such as the Academy of Management Journal, the Strategic Management Journal, Organization Science, and the Journal of International Business Stu...
Dr Anja Lambrecht teaches the elective programme, ‘Going to Market: Managing the Channel and Sales Force’ to MBA and Executive MBA students. Her research focuses on digital marketing, with a particular focus on online targeting and advertising as well as promotion and pricing. She received her ...
Dr Keyvan Vakili’s research is broadly focused on understanding the factors that promote creativity and innovation at the individual, team, organisation, and industry levels, using a variety of experimental and quasi-experimental designs, quantitative data methods and textual analysis. He is cur...
Videos and materials
Because of COVID-19, many providers are cancelling or postponing in-person programs or providing online participation options.
We are happy to help you find a suitable online alternative.