Comprehensive course analysis
For a limited time only $40.00 $20.00Order
Who should attend
- Senior executives who oversee strategy and operations
- High-level executives who want to improve their operational systems
- Non-operations executives who wish to increase their knowledge outside their areas of expertise
About the course
Designing operations to maximize value
This program educates you on how to create a best-in-class operations strategy that integrates the customer experience, boosts financial performance and strengthens competitive advantage. In a highly interactive and collaborative learning environment, you’ll learn how to reconfigure your operations to boost your firm’s overall performance. You’ll learn frameworks and acquire tools for making operational design decisions that can increase efficiency, mitigate risk, expand global networks and maximize value creation.
Guided by senior Kellogg faculty experts through an engaging blend of stimulating lectures, discussions and a live team simulation exercise, you’ll learn leading-edge theories and how to put them to use immediately in your organization. You’ll leave equipped to lead positive operational changes, improve your organization’s performance and strengthen your competitive position in the marketplace.
- Link your operations strategy to the customer experience and your firm’s financial performance
- Assess your operations system from the perspectives of investors and internal management
- Build operational competencies via organic growth (e.g., investing in assets whose characteristics define or enhance the internal supply chain)
- Increase operational competencies through acquisition (e.g., a global sourcing strategy or external supply chain partners)
- Learn frameworks for outlining and evaluating an operations strategy and its performance
- Assess investors, external partners, ROIC and operations forensics
- Leverage public information to assess an operations strategy’s attractiveness
- Identify operations metrics that create value
Role Of Competencies
- Explore the role of operational trade-offs and competency focus in strategic positioning and operational efficiency
- Use related qualitative and quantitative metrics to evaluate a firm's operations strategy in a competitive setting
- Design a capacity strategy
- Structure resources and processes to mitigate risk
Global Networks And Suppliers
- Optimize design of a global operational network and application of strategic sourcing
| Jan A. Van Mieghem is the Harold L. Stuart Distinguished Professor of Managerial Economics and Professor of Operations Management at the Kellogg School of Management at Northwestern University. He received his Ph.D. in Business and MSEE from Stanford University, and holds an electrical engine...
Videos and materials
Because of COVID-19, many providers are cancelling or postponing in-person programs or providing online participation options.
We are happy to help you find a suitable online alternative.